Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Tranquil Tide Eastern Palace

Did you see my very first tip for Stampin' Up! on their Instagram page? Super excited that it is finally published. You can see it here.

As you may know I love making my own backgrounds for my cards and my tip today shows how you can make a striped background with Washi tape. A fabulous way to use up that retired tape you have lying around at home. One of my most favourite DSP patterns from the 2016 - 2017 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue was the black and white stripe from the Pop of Pink Specialty DSP, now retired. Sniff, sniff. Now by using the washi tape I can recreate that look by making it myself.

First stick your washi tape down on your cardstock. I've used Shimmery White here but you can use a coloured cardstock for a tone on tone look too. Then go over your cardstock with the Classic Stampin' Pad and the sponge brayer. Roll the inked up brayer over your cardstock until you are happy with the amount of ink coverage.


Now for the next part you can do one, both or none of the next steps. Its up to you what you want your card to look like. But what I've done here is use the Stampin' Spritzers, filled it with water and 'spritzed' on the cardstock for a splattered look. You could also flick an aqua painter brush tip filled with water. That will give a similar look.


Over top of the spritzing to continue with the splattered look I've embossed Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder down the front of the card using the splatter image from the Swirly Bird stamp set.The embossing powder will set over the washi tape but it wont affect the card front when trying to take the tape off.


Very gently pull the tape back and you'll be left with a fun and funky striped patterned cardstock ready for your next creation.

I've mixed up my striped background with some of the elements from the Eastern Palace Suite and some gold trims for a gorgeous card. 


Can't wait to see all your creations using the Washi Tape background. Mix it up, use different sized tape, put it on an angle, make a criss-cross pattern or even make a tartan/plaid pattern. You are only limited by your imagination.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.