Friday, May 19, 2017

Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop | Happy Celebrations

Hi there stamping friends! So glad you could stop by. This week the Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team are creating with either the Cool Treats set or the Happy Celebrations set. As you can probabaly already see I'm on the Happy Celebrations team.

I'm bringing you an 'oldie but a goodie' technique today which lends itself perfectly to the circle images in this set. The 'Rock'n'Roll' technique is quite a simple technique but it produces stunning results.

I've kept my cards today quite simple as the background is quite busy. The contrast of the brightly coloured background with the Basic Black cardstock embosseed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder has made for some gorgeous results. If I do say so myself. Ha!


Here are the different variations in different colour combinations. For best results its best to have a complimenting light and dark colour. You can even have the darker colour in the middle and the lighter colour on the outside. It is really all up to you and how you want you card to look. I might go and try it now with the darker colour in the middle and the lighter on the outer. I'm intrigued now to see what that will look like.

 Pink Pirouette and Melon Mambo

 Pool Party (Stamped-Off) and Bermuda Bay

 Wisteria Wonder (Stamped-Off) and Elegant Eggplant

 Daffodil Delight (Stamped-Off) and Pumpkin Pie



Here's how to do the Rock 'n' Roll Technique -
  1. Ink up your stamp in the lightest colour first.
  2. Taking the darker colour gently rock 'n' roll the edge of the stamp image around in the darker ink. You only want the edge of the stamp in the darker colour.
  3. Stamp your image down on your cardstock and you should have the two contrasting colours on the one image.  
Check out the You Tube clip Stampin' Up! put out a while ago and this shows you exactly how to do the technique if you are unsure as to what to do.


Another way to do the Rock 'n' Roll Technique is to, and I did it this way becuase it was easier when stamping all those circles, is -
  1. Ink up your image in the lightest colour first.
  2. Using a sponge dauber, ink up your dauber with the darker contrasting colour.
  3. Tap the dauber around the edge of the stamp so only the outside of the image is inked up in the darker colour.
  4. Stamp your image on to your cardstock.
Doing it this way is a little bit more easier and you get a bit more of an even coverage with the darker colour on the edge.

Just something a little fun using up some of the old techniques that we sometimes forget about but are so fabulous to do.

Next on to Shannon Lane in Canada. Gosh that girl is crazy creative and I love her work. I think I've said that before but she is amazing!!

http://crushoncolour.blogspot.com.au/2017/05/artisan-may-2.html



Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?

Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7


Recreate these projects at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
(Australian Residents Only) 
 

8 comments:

  1. Nice idea to use the Rock & Roll technique. The rounds become like soap bubbles in the bath, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! They are all so fantastic!
    You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great technique Rochelle, which you have highlighted beautifully in all the colours of each card! A fun set of cards ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful background. Thanks for sharing that great tip to do the rock and roll with a sponge dauber--I think I will be happier with my own results after I try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute technique that really highlights the gorgeous colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, WOW, WOW! These cards just pop! Love the technique, Love the layout. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh Rochelle, that was a lot of work!! I just realized that we have dimilar taste as our blogs are the same!! Oh my gosh - that is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.