Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Springtime Impressions Gate Fold Cards | Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team Corporate Blog Post


Hello there, stamping friends! My name is Rochelle Blok and I’m from Melbourne, Australia. Today I’m really excited to share two variations of a gate fold card using the Springtime Impressions Dies (item 146326). These dies are just amazing and the beautiful detail in them is stunning.


For these two cards I used a combination of Pool Party Cardstock (item 122924), Night of Navy Cardstock (item 100867), Whisper White Cardstock (item 100730), Copper Foil Sheets (item 142020), and Vellum Cardstock (item 101856). To accent each card I also used the Abstract Impressions Stamp Set (item 147513) and Itty Bitty Birthdays (item 148618).


The triangle “gates” on the first card were determined by the shape of the floral die from the Springtime Impressions Dies. I cut out two of these die cuts from Pool Party Cardstock and then gently scored the edge of the die cut to create the hinge for the gate fold. Once the floral “gates” were adhered to the card, I then layered a piece of vellum underneath to make the gates a little less flimsy.

To accent the front of the card, I layered the large butterfly die with the Layering Circles Dies (item 141705), Stitched Shapes Dies (item 145372), floral images from the Abstract Impressions Stamp Set, Whisper White 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon (item 146912), and 3/16" Braided Linen Trim (item 147808).


 To open this card, untie the ribbon, fold back the triangles, and open the flap. Inside you’ve got a spot to write your personal message, but it doesn’t show when the card is closed.


The second project is a double gate fold card. The base on the card’s “gates” uses a portion of the floral die for a white-on-white decorative look. I flicked a mixture of Multipurpose Liquid Glue (item 110755) over the die cuts with water squeezed from my Aqua Painter (item 103954). I then poured Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder (item 141636) over the adhesive splatters and heat set the mixture with my Heat Tool (item 129056).


The ribbon and linen thread hold the card closed; when untied, the two gate folds open to reveal a rectangle panel die cut made from the Rectangle Stitched Dies (item 148551) so you can write your message.

When making cards I always forget about these fun fold cards, but they are fantastic to make and really give a different look to your creations. They make your cards extra special and give them that extra WOW. A special card is sometimes needed for a special friend, and these give that something special. 
I’ve really loved making and sharing these cards with you today and hope that that I’ve inspired you to make some fun fold cards of your own.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate these cards at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.