Friday, November 2, 2018

Fancy Friday Blog Hop | Christmas-y Challenge

Hey there stampers! Welcome to this months Fancy Friday Blog Hop. It's acutally the October hop but things have been pretty busy for the whole team so the hop got pushed back a week, landing it in November. You may have joined me from the gorgeous Sylwia in Germany or you have started with me here in Melbourne, Australia. Either way your in for a fancy and festive treat!


If you've not see us before, the Fancy Friday team are past and present Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Members. We still love creating and blogging and sharing what we love, so we have a blog hop once a month with everything fun and fancy.
The challenge of this blog hop for us is to create ANYTHING with a Christmas-y feel! Home decor, a FANCY card, a scrapbook page, pocket memory keeping, etc. So it's really going to be a fun and festive blog hop.

I've made a wreath for today's hop using some of Stampin' Up!s amazing ribbon and trim for a Ribbon Wreath. It's got a Vintage/Shabby Chic/Rustic feel and can be hung on your front door or as a home decor piece to hang inside. If hanging outside you might want to make sure that your front door is well secluded and away from the weather.


I started with a 14" Metal Wire Wreath that I picked up from the Florist Section at my local Spotlight (Craft Store). The metal wreath was really inexpensive and comes in various sizes. The wreath has two rows of wire, and I originally was going to fill the two rows with ribbon all the one colour, but quickly found out I would not have nearly enough ribbon and then had to go to Plan B. You could probably just use a single wire metal hoop or even an embroidery hoop if you were wanting to make something like this yourself.





After soon realising that I needed other colours to make the wreath, I then went to the traditional 'Reds' and 'Greens' with the Merry Merlot & Copper 5/8" (1.6 Cm) Reversible Ribbon and the Tranquil Tide 1/4" (6.4 Mm) Velvet Ribbon. Adding to these two colours with Burlap Ribbon and the Very Vanilla/Copper Ribbon from the Tea Room Ribbon Combo Pack. While all these ribbons where looking fabulous together I still felt the wreath needed something else. In came the non-tradition Christmas colour - Pink.
 



Aren't the pink colours a beautiful addition to the 'traditional' Christmas Colours? To fill the wreath out more I added the Petal Pink ribbon from the Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack, Braided Linen Thread and Very Vanilla Lace Trim. Each length of ribbon was cut to 15 cm in length, with 25 lengths of each colour. So in total 175 lengths of ribbon are looped on to the wreath. You'll need about 4m of each colour to fill this sized wreath (if my maths is correct).


To make the 'Merry' banner I cut 2" strips of Powder Pink card stock and created a banner end on each piece Banner Triple Punch. I also embossed the Powder Pink Banner Pieces with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder and then stuck on to that the Large Letters Die Cut letters, cut out of the Tranquil Tide Glimmer Paper from the Joyous Noel 6" x 6" Glimmer Paper Pack. That glimmer paper is just amazing! If I could have the Tranquil Tide glimmer paper in full 12" x 12" sheets, I would be one happy woman! To finish off the banner pieces I added a few copper sequins here and there, continuing on with the copper colour throughout the whole wreath.


How gorgeous are those deep, rich, luxe colours against my white door? What a beautiful contrast! I might hang this one in my house somewhere for a gorgeous handmade home decor piece. Makes me want to set up my tree now. Not before Dec1st in this household.

I really didn't think it needed much else to finish it off, except the 'Christmas' from the Merry Christmas to All stamp set and a layering of some snowflakes from this months Snowflake Showcase Promotion.

Next up on the Fancy hop is fellow Aussie Jennifer Frost with her fancy and festive creations! Love your work Jen!! 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty in pink! A really beautiful Christmas wreath Rochelle. Looking forward to meeting you next week at OnStage xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.