Friday, August 9, 2024

Just Add Ink #714 | Colour Challenge

 Hello there stamping friends! I hope that you are having a fantastic week and a fabulous day! It's Friday, Yay, and that means it's time for another Just Add Ink Challenge -Just Add Ink #714 | Colour Challenge.


 This week it's a very bold colour combination using the colours Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobber, and Pretty Peacock.

Click on the colour to see all the Stampin' Up! products in that colour.

I've created a CAS card for you today to let the colours and the Layers of Beauty Bundle speak for themeselves. With the challenge colours and the floral image from the Layers of Beauty Stamp set being such statement pieces there isn't much else needed to create a fabulous creation.


 I've stamped the image with Versamark and then I've used Black Embossing Powder for a textural stamped outline. It's hard to capture in the photo but the black embossing powder shines beautifully in the light and really gives a stepped up look as opposed to stamping with just black ink.


 Each of the leaves and flowers only use one colour of ink. As I added each layer with the masks the inks grew darker thus creating the layers of shading. It's really just starting off with the lightest amount of ink on your blending brush and then gradually adding more and more until you are happy with the desired effect of layering. 

I've finished the card off with some ribbon, trim and some sequins from the Painted Wishes Kit (that is still avaliable).

I do hope that I've given you some inspiration using our challenge colours. Go and check out the design teams take on this week's colours at the Just Add Ink Blog for some inspiration and then come and join in this week's sketch fun! I can't wait to see what you create.


Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Happy stamping! 

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

1 comment:

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.