Sunday, August 11, 2024

CASE-ing the Catty | CTC#482 | CASE a Shaker Card

 Hello stamping friends. Thank you for joining me on my blog today. I hope that you've had a fantastic week and are having fabulous Sunday!

Today I'm participating in a blog hop for the CASE-ing the Catty Design Team, to kick off the new challenge for the week. If you come here from Julia Quinn's blog welcome, if you've started here with me also welcome.


If you've not see us before, we are about CASE-ing the samples from the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue with a different theme to CASE each week. To CASE is to Copy And Selectively Edit. This week we are CASE-ing a Shaker Card from the Annual Catalogue.

I'm actually doing this weeks theme a little bit different, while I love the Shaker Card samples in the Annual Catalogue I was actually drawn more to a sample from the Mediterranean Blooms Suite. SO I've CASE-d that and then turned it into a shaker card. It's still CASE-ing the Catty, right?


How beautiful is this sample from the catalogue?! The Concept Artists always do an amazing job with the catalogue samples and this one is no exception.

I loved the layering of the cardstock and the die-cut piece and that is where I started my card with some new sneak peek products.
 

I've used the new Nests of Winter Suite from the 2024 Sept-Dec Mini Catalogue that Stampin' Up! demonstrators can currently pre-order from. Got to love those demo perks. 
 
I've layered the foliage die from the Winterly Tree Tops Dies with some window sheets and the Nests of Winter DSP. I've used the foam strips to hold all the layers and then this then creates the 'compartment' to hold the shaker elements. The sequins and pearls are from the retired For Everything Fancy Sequins and were just the right pieces to create the shaker part. 


I've layered DSP, die-cuts, stamped images, Natural Tones Linen Thread and the Thanks sentiment for a beautiful cluster of elements for the Nests of Winter Suite a like the original sample but a little bit more. The birds come from one of the sheets of the Nests of Winter DSP and can be cut out with the Wintery Tree Tops Dies. A little less fussy cutting for these beautiful images.


Here's a fun fact - This is the very first ever shaker card that I've made in all of my crafting career and I think I've done pretty well if I do say so myself.

I hope that I've inspired you with my Shaker Card project and my Mini Catalogue Sneak Peek and have encouraged you to also create a shaker card. Give it a go, they make for a fun look!

There are lots of AMAZING creations from the rest of the CASE-ing the Catty Crew so be sure to make your way around the whole hop to get inspiration from the CTC team.
 
Next up on the hop is the fabulous Peta Stephen with her shaker creation.
 

We would love to have you join us over at our Facebook group to share your creation CASE-ing a project from the 2024 - 2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue and join in this weeks challenge. You don't need to have a blog to join in!

 

Thanks so much for stoping by!
Happy Stamping! 

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:

  1. I really loooove that you’ve created a shaker card from this layout - such a great idea and the sparkles are just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.