Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Global Design Project #270 | Sketch Challenge

Hello there stamping friends. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm playing along with the sketch challenge over at the Global Design Project 270 |  #GDP270 with my project for you today. I usually check out the challenge over at GDP each and every week, but I don't always have the time to join in and play along.

Seeing as this week is a sketch challenge, I couldn't resist and just had to join in. If you've been following me for a while now you'll know that I just love a sketch challenge.

I've used the Stampin' Up! Poinsettia Petals stamp set for a little bit of the colouring technique that's called 'No-Line' Watercolouring. I had seen a few other projects using this stamp set and the 'No-Line' Watercolouring and I just had to try it for myself.

To begin this colouring technique, ink up your image in Sahara Sand Ink, stamp off the inked up image once and then restamp again on your Water Colour Paper. This will leave you with the a faint outline of your image to colour in. Check out my post HERE that shows you how to get the faint, stamped off outline of your image.

Next is the fun part, the adding the colour! To color the image, put a drop of ink in the lid of the ink pad, mix in a drop or two of water, then pick up the color from the lid using a Water Painter. 

When colouring with this technique I usually colour every second part of the image, let that all dry and then go around again and colour in all the other leaves. If you try to color all the petals at once—all right next to each other—the petals will bleed into each other and you may end up with a “hot mess.” Trust me, I know! Ha! I've learnt the hard way!

Once all the Poinsettias were coloured, I die cut them out and then put together my card. Because the Poinsettias are so bright I wanted to keep the base layers white and then add some of the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper to add some beautiful texture without adding more colour.

I added some Linen Thread and a die cut piece of the Poinsettia Place Designer Series Paper. The Real Red of the Poinsettias and the Garden Green give a beautiful contrast and really give you the traditional Christmas look with the traditional 'Red' and 'Green' Christmas colours. 

I finished the card off with the sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals Stamp Set, some of the beautiful Beaded Pearls, some of the Forever Gold Laser-Cut Paper and some of the Pearl Basic Jewels.

I am so loving how the Poinsettias turned out with the 'No-Line' colouring technique. I might have to try it again for another Christmas Project.

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.