Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Colour Inkspiration Challlenge #91 | Stampin' Up! Peace & Joy

Hello there stamping friends! Welcome! Today I have been asked to be the guest designer for the Colour INKspiration Challenge #91. Today there is a whole range of colours to choose from, where we have to choose at least 3, as our colour combo.  


From the colours in the inspiration I was going to use only three but couldn't narrow down only three, but I've actually used 4 - Pretty Peacock, Bermuda Bay, Magenta Madness and Silver Glitter. And to keep in the theme of the inspiration picture I've gone with a Christmas Card.

Because I've used very non-traditional and very bright colours for a Christmas Card I thought it was only fitting to use the 'Bright' from the Joy Dies to go with my Bright Christmas Card colours.

I've started my card with a Whisper White Base and then use the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper with the Flocked Holly Design as the to go over my base layer. The flocking on the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper gives the project that extra layer and texture without adding more colour. And for my project today that already has lots of colour I did not need to be adding more. I love the subtleness of the flocked Holly Design against the bright and bold colours and the Holly Design ties in with the Holly Leaves used from the Peace & Joy Stamp Set.

I layered pieces of Pretty Peacock, Bermuda Bay, Magenta Madness and Silver Glimmer Paper (Retired) over a piece of cardstock and then die cut it with one of the Stitched Rectangle Dies. My strips of cardstock are 5mm in width, but you can make them as wide as you want them to be.

Next over the stripes of cardstock I've layered the 'Bright' Die that I've die cut with Vellum, Whisper White and then on top Magenta Madness. The 'Merry', 'And', and 'Christmas' I stamped with Pretty Peacock Ink and then cut with my Paper Trimmer.

I've then finished the card off with some Whisper White Polka Tulle Ribbon, White Bakers Twine, some Holly Leaves stamped in Bermuda Bay and then fussy cut with Paper Snips and some Magenta Madness Enamel Dots for the Holly Berries. 

While I do love traditional Christmas Colours when making my Christmas Cards, the bright and fun colours really give almost a summery look which is perfect for the Christmas Season here in Australia.

I do hope that you enjoy my project today and my take on all those fun colours in the original inspiration. To see the rest of the amazing creations from the Colour Inkspiration Design Team, check them out HERE and then come and join in the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
 Recreate this project using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

2 comments:

  1. Ack! I love this so much!!! Absolutely lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I LOVE the striped background on this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.