Friday, September 11, 2020

Just Add Ink #522 | Sketch Challenge

Hello there stamping friends! I hope that you are having a fantastic week and a fabulous day! It's Friday, Yay, so that means it's time for another Just Add Ink Challenge - Just Add Ink #522. We've got another fun sketch for you. Fun for layering, repeat stamping, and images, whatever you so desire really.
https://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2020/09/just-add-ink-522sketch.html
I've used this week's sketch for some repeat images and some colouring with Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers. All the main products I'm using today come from the Stampin' Up! Poinsettia Place Suite that you can find in the 2020 Aug - Dec Mini Catalogue. 


I first started with the colouring of the Poinsettia for my card. First, the image was stamped with the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Whisper White Thick Cardstock. If you are ever colouring with the Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers the Whisper White Thick Cardstock is the best one to use. With any other cardstock, the 'ink' from the Alcohol Markers will just bleed and run and will create one hot mess of your beautiful work. To colour the Poinsettias I've used the Poppy Parade Light and Dark Blends Combo and then added to that too the Dark Flirty Flamingo to get that beautiful graduation in colour from dark to light. The centres I used the Mango Melody Dark and Light Blends Combo.


Once the beautiful seasonal blooms were coloured I've die-cut them with the Poinsettia Dies and then adhered them on to cardstock. I wanted the Poinsettia to have the stitched outline on it as well as the square die-cut behind it, that is why I adhered it to cardstock first rather than just glueing the Poinsettia to a square piece that had been die-cut out first.


I've then layered the square pieces over a layer of the so very beautiful Plush Poinsettia Speciality Paper and then that has been layered on to some Whisper White Cardstock. Have use seen the Plush Poinsettia Speciality Paper yet? The flocked designs on white vellum look so beautiful as a background or layered over patterned paper. And I've seen today that you can colour the flocking designs using Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers for an even prettier and more beautiful paper.

 The card has then been finished off with some linen thread, Beaded Pearls, and the Merry Christmas Sentiment that has been embossed on Basic Black Cardstock and then fussy cut around.

I'm loving the beautiful simplicity of this card and also the gorgeous contrast between the bright red and the fresh, crisp white.

I do hope that I've given you some inspiration with this weeks sketch challenge and that you will come and join in this week's creative fun! Make sure you check out the Just Add Ink Blog to see the rest of the amazing projects from the JAI Design Team. Can't wait to see what your creations will be!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Rochelle! The pops of red look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to stop and tell you what a fabulous card this is! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card surprised me in two ways!! 1) I thought there was a poinsettia embossing folder that I totally missed in the catalog... 2) I thought the red poinsettias were stamped directly on the white squares, not an additional layer. It really is stunning results. I may make a custom embossing folder with the die cut poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.