Friday, September 18, 2020

Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop | Poinsettia Place Suite

Hello, there stamping and crafty friends! Welcome to this month's Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop. We are getting our festivities on for you again by showcasing for you either the Trimming the Town Suite or the Poinsettia Place Suite. And do we have lots of amazing projects for you! I feel like everyone has upped the ante with their projects this month so I'm sure that there will be something in this hop that will give you inspiration in your projects.

International readers, please use the translate feature, found in the sidebar, to translate to your language.


As you can see I got the privilege of creating with the Poinsettia Place Suite. The products in this beautiful suite are the Poinsettia Petals Bundle, which includes the Poinsettia Petals Stamp Set and the Poinsettia Dies, and then also the other products in this suite are the Poinsettia Place DSP,  the Plush Poinsettia Speciality Paper, the Beaded Pearls and the Real Red 3/8" Sheer Ribbon. Lots of amazing products for that classic Christmas Poinsettia projects.


While I love using the beautiful Designer Series Papers that Stampin' Up! has in their products range, my focus today is on the Poinsettia Petals Stamp Set, the Poinsettia Dies, the Real Red 3/8" Sheer Ribbon and the Beaded Pearls.

I've decided for my projects today to team the Poinsettia Petals Stamp set with some of the Stampin Blends Alcohol Markers for a modern look to the classic, seasonal blooms of the Poinsettias. The bright red of the Poinsettia goes beautifully with Basic Black and Whisper White for a striking and eye-catching look.


For all three cards today I've used the same Stampin' Blends colours to achieve that uniform look of all the projects together.

Stampin' Blends Used :
Outline around Poinsettia - Pool Party Light

When colouring images with Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers I like to use three colours instead of the two suggested in the Stampin' Blends Dark and Light Colour Combos to achieve a bigger variation in colour from dark to light. Play around with colour combos and to see what will blend well together to help you achieve your desired look. You may even want to try and blend four markers together on your projects. There is no right or wrong.


For my first card, I've just stamped the Poinsettia image on Whisper White Thick Cardstock, using Memento Black Ink, just in a random pattern and then coloured in the images using Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers. Once all the Poinsettias were coloured I flicked Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker for that fun splatter look. I've then used the Rectangle Stitched Dies to make a gorgeous stitched border and then finished off the card with some ribbon, trim, embellishments and the Merry Christmas from the Poinsettia Petals Stamp Set.


My second card has the same Poinsettia images as the first card but this time after stamping and colouring them I've die-cut them out using the Poinsettia Dies and the NEW Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (which is amazing, by the way). The poinsettia blooms are then arranged on the card with the leaf image and one of the die cuts from the Poinsettia Dies and some ribbon, trim and embellishments. I've finished off the card by fussy cutting, with Paper Snips, around the Merry Christmas and arranged it on the card for the sentiment.


My last card starts with a Basic Black base and then I've die-cut a small portion of Whisper White Thick cardstock to stamp and colour on. Around my coloured piece, I've created a frame around it using the Rectangle Stitched Dies. This just adds more interest and texture to the card and creates for a fun look. 


Here is a fun tip for you - If you feel that your card is 'missing' something, why not add a little cluster of products on your card to add some for interest and texture. Here I've got some of the coloured leaves, ribbon, Gold Cording, die cuts and some of the Beaded Pearl embellishments. It takes your card from 'nice to 'something extra'.

Again I've finished the card off with ribbon, trim and the Merry Christmas sentiment which I've embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder

Next up on the hop with her super gorgeous projects is Stesha Bloodhart in the U.S. I think it was her projects with the Trimming the Town Suite that tipped me over the edge and made these products just 'accidentally' jump in my shopping cart to come home with me. 

I know I say it every hop but please make sure that you take the time to have a look around at all 16 Artisan Blogs for this blog hop. I'm sure you will be saying 'WOW, WOW, WOW" like I was for everyone's amazing creativity! You won't want to miss out!

https://stampinhoot.com/2020/09/artisan-sep-fb-2/




Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate these projects at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colouring! I like the way you've used the rectangle dies to add interest and included your trademark splatters too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great inspiration using this bundle in a bit of a different way. I can't say which of your cards I like the most, each one is beautiful for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are soooooo amazing, Rochelle!!! The poinsettias are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.