Friday, September 18, 2020

Just Add Ink #523 | Just Add 'A'

Hello there stamping friends! I hope that you have had a fantastic week and are having an awesome Friday. Can certainly feel that Spring is in the air here in Melbourne! The days are starting to get warmer and longer and there is blossom everywhere! My favourite time of the year! I'm a person who loves to see the definite changes from season to season. There is something in every season to love and to look forward to. Yes, even in winter!

https://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2020/09/just-add-ink-523add-a.html

Because it's Friday, that means that is time for another Just Add Ink Challenge - Just Add Ink #523 | Just Add 'A'. It's one of our fun letter challenges - Just Add 'A'. You could incorporate your favourite stamp set starting with A, Animals, Aged or Antique looking cards, Alcohol Markers, a fun fold starting with A, whatever you desire as long as it fits into Just Add 'A'.

Today for my card I've gone for a CAS (Clean and Simple) card using products from the Stampin' Up! Artistry Blooms Suite, found in the 2020 - 2021 Annual Catalogue. Because the products from this suite can be quite busy together, I've kept the card quite stripped back but still trying to create a fun look. I do love to create cards that have lots of layers but also to make CAS cards that 'pack a punch'.


I've layered some Whisper White and Pool Party Cardstock for the base layers and then added a piece of the Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper. This fantastic DSP is bright and bold and really is a statement all on its own. One side of this amazing paper has bursts of colour and the other side has softer gradients. It really is one of those pack os DSP that caters to all crafting tastes. To add just a little bit more interest I used the Stitched Rectangle Dies to create a framed panel.


The die-cut side panel is made from the Banner Blooms Dies. I cut two die-cut pieces and then trimmed them to fit, using only the top portion of the die, so that it would run down the side of the card, looking like a border piece. Over the DSP and the die-cut pieces I 'splattered' the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, just to break up the bright white of the die cuts and the busyness of the DSP.


I've then finished the card off with the 'Hello Friend' from the Hand-Drawn Blooms Stamp Set, the Artistry Blooms Adhesive Backed Sequins, and what would have to be my all-time favourtie trim, Linen Thread.

I do hope that I've given you some inspiration for this week's letter theme. And some more inspiration on using the products from the Artistry Blooms Suite. Please head on over to the Just Add Ink Blog to see all the variety in the JAI Design Teams Projects and then come and join in the fun of this week's Just Add 'A' challenge. Can't wait to see what you create.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colour Rochelle with great details in your layout. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.