Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Faux Metal Embellishments using Stampin' Up! Magnolia Memory Dies.

Hello there stamping friends! I'm here today to share with you a fun tip that helps you get more out of your dies and helps coordinate 'embellishments' when you can't find what your looking for.

Did you know that you can use Stampin’ Up! dies and Stampin’ Emboss Powder to create your own faux metal embellishments?


 Here’s how: 

Step 1. Die cut three of the die shape you are using for your embellishment. 
Step 2. Adhere these three die cuts together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. This makes for a stronger embellishment, as one die cut makes it too flimsy. 
Step 3. Firmly press your thicker die cut onto a VersaMark Ink Pad, or place your die cut face up on some grid paper and press the VersaMark Ink Pad onto your die cut to cover it with ink. 
Step 4. Preferably using tweezers, pick up your die-cut piece and cover it with Stampin’ Emboss Powder, remembering to cover the sides as well, and then heat set the powder with you Heat Tool. Step 5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 till you have 3–4 layers of Stampin’ Emboss Powder on your die cut. You won’t need any more layers than four as the heated embossing powder will drip off the die cut if you add any more layers than four. 
Step 6. Once your faux metal embellishments have completely cooled, add them to your next project for a fun metallic look


  I've used my 'metal' embellishments on this card here today. I used the dies from the Memory Dies for my embellishments and then coordinated some of the products from the Magnolia Lane Suite but completely changed up the colours as to what is originally in the suite. 

I started with the Purple Posy background and then embossed it with the Magnolia 3D Embossing Folder. WOW that embossing folder is amazing and I really love it in the Purple Posy. Splattered over the embossed layer is some Multipurpose Glue mixed with water and then splattered on the cardstock using an aqua painter. Over that I've then poured Gold Stampin' Emboss powder and then heat set it. Another fun tip/technique that I love to do.


Layered then on the front of the card is a piece of the Stitched Lace Die in Blushing Bride, gorgeous colour combo right there, and then added some the Very Vanilla Scalloped  Lace Trim, a piece of the Purple Posy Scalloped Linen Ribbon and a sticker from the Magnolia Lane Memories & More Card Pack. Combined with a Stitched Circle, Copper Trim (cut down one side and stretched open), Happy Birthday from Itty Bitty Birthdays. And then finished off with my 'metal' embellishments, Designer Elements and some Linen Thread. Pretty, Pretty, Pretty.

I'm so loving the Purple Posy and Blushing Bride together. Will have to make a project just to use that colour combo. And how good does it look with the metallic elements to finish the card off. 

I do hope I was able to explain well enough how to make the faux metal embellishments and that you will try to make them too. If you have any questions about my tip today, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 
 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:


  1. This card is amazing! The combination of techniques and the sweetness of Purple Posy goes so well with Brushing Bride! The idea of ​​embellishments is great. I want to try! Love love love! Aurélie

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.