Friday, January 29, 2016

Global Design Project #GDP020 - CASE-ing Connie Collins

With my kids back to school after a 7 week break, I've finally got some time to myself to have some 'me' crafting time. Not crafting because I have to but just to have a play and use some new products. My happy place! Uninterrupted crafting time! I've cruised a few of the card challenge blogs and the Global Design Project #GDP020 challenge for this week jumped right out at me and I had to have a go.

This weeks challenge we are CASE-ing (Copy And Selectively Edit) the super talented Connie Collins and taking whatever inspires us from her card.
I was loving the black stripes and the gold hearts on her card so that is where I started and my card then evolved from there. I've used the new and possibly my new favourite stamp set, (I think my favourite changes from week to week. HA! I do love them all though!) Picture Perfect.

This is such a gorgeous stamp set that involves layering two,three or even four images to make one beautiful image. Lots of step stamping.


One the best things about this stamp set is that you only have to use one colour for each beautiful image. It just involves some 'stamping off' of ink to get the gradients in colour. I started with the smallest image full strength ink, the second image stamped off once and then the third image stamped off twice. And because this stamp set is photopolymer its so easy to line up the images and get them layered.


I've used Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay for the flowers and then for the leaves I used Old Olive. I really love how the flowers turned out and really can't wait to have a play with the other images that came in the set.


Thanks so much for stopping by!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

24 comments:

  1. Just stunning Rochelle! How wonderful to have uninterupted craft time. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! Look forward to seeing you play along with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner Rochelle! I love that you only used a thin panel of stripes rather than the whole background, as Connie did. I don't have that stamp set, but I think I am going to cave now I can feel your excitement about it, lol. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! Looking forward to creating with the other images now. Rochelle xo

      Delete
  3. Rochelle, this card completely takes my breath away...it is BEAUTIFUL. I love that you were inspired by the stripes and tiny hearts and those flowers just pop off the black and white background! Thanks for playing along this week at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Connie! I love your original creation. Thanks for the inspiration! Rochelle xo

      Delete
  4. So pretty! Nice to have some quiet time back too. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picture Perfect card Rochelle! ;-) The bold stripes and the small gold hearts are a match made in heaven! xx cheryll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Rochelle ... a well deserved recognition this week! :)

      Delete
  6. Rochelle - This band of bold, horizontal stripes makes a gorgeous backdrop for these soft flowers. Great colors and wonderful layout to your card! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Case the Designer (Connie Collins) Challenge at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. um, just WOW! What else is there to say? It's beyond perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW your card is a real winner, literally! Congratulations on being chosen as one of the winners this week, thanks for taking part x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rochelle, Congratulations on being selected as a winner this week at Global Design Project. Your card is amazing and beautiful - I am thrilled to see it selected.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful card and a wonderful blog! It is nice to meet you! xoxoxox Thank-you for taking the Global Design Project Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.