Wednesday, December 13, 2017

December Birthdays Blog Hop

Hello stamping friends! Welcome to a special 'December Birthdays' blog hop! We are Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all over the globe showing some special birthday cards in amongst this Christmas season.


Sometimes those that celebrate their birthday in December sometimes get a raw deal, lost in amongst everything else going on or even combined with a Christmas celebration. No fair for you December babies. So we are here today to celebrate you!

My card today is for my second son who celebrates his 12th birthday tomorrow. Happy Birthday Seth! I've always made it for his birthday that his birthday presents are never combined with his Christmas presents and that the two events are kept very separate from each other.

I've got a little sneaky peek in my card today for you from the upcoming 2018 Stampin' Up! Occasions catalogue, which starts January 3rd 2018.

The stamp set I'm using is called Picture Perfect Birthday. It's such a fun set with the two-step stamping technique of most of the images. Perfect for any age!


I've kept my card fairly pulled back today as boys generally don't like all that 'fluff 'n' stuff' , well my boys aren't really fans. I couldn't help. though, adding a little ribbon and some mini sequin trim. Just a little bit. Got to have a little bit of shimmer!


I've gone with a Primary Colour combo. It's bright and fun and great for boys. Can be used with anyone really! The colours used for each bow to create that two-tone look are Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Tempting Turquoise, Dapper Denim, Real Red and Flirty Flamingo. Just play around with the Stampin' Up! colours till you are happy with the two-step stamping look.


The base of the card I've just repeatedly stamped the little 'sprinkle' image to create some more added interest and more fun for my card. Lets hope Seth likes it! Make sure that you put this set on your wish list so that by the time Jan 3rd comes around you are ready to order this fun set!

Now on to the fabulous Stesha Bloodhart with her gorgeous birthday creation!

https://stampinhoot.com/2017/12/december-birthdays-blog-hop/
Stesha Bloodhart

If you get lost along the way here is the list of participants for you to get right back on track
 

Thanks for stopping by!
 Live in Australia?

 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

Coming Soon - January 3rd 2018 - Picture Perfect Birthday - 18 Photopolymer Stamps - 145519 - $30.00 AUD


11 comments:

  1. Very attractive for a young man. Well done, Rochelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love those bows, perfect colors and design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card and color combo screams birthday. I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is perfect for a boy---love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! I do love a primary color scheme for boys (or anyone) because it always looks so happy! Thanks for bringing this bright, happy inspiration to the hop; it is so fun hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - seems just right for a young man

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Even though there are bows, ribbon, and sequins on this card, it really does look like a masculine birthday card. THAT takes talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous! I thought the background was DSP, you've stamped it so evenly! Love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My brother is 23rd December and used to love combining his presents so he could get something amazing. Though he always seemed to get the combined presents and extras - so it totally worked in his favour. Hope Seth had a great day and loved your 'only slightly fluffy' card! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love these bold bright colors! Such a fantastic simple approach to this set! Happy belated to Seth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.