Thursday, October 4, 2018

Global Design Project #GDP158 | Sketch Challenge

Hello there crafting friends! If you are an avid follower of my blog you may have noticed that it was a little quiet around here. I've been away with my family for a week on a little holiday and then my kids are also on their Spring School Holidays so that leaves not so much crafting and creating time for me. I did manage to get in a few hours of crating time while the kids were watching a movie so I'm feeling better that I got some 'crafting me time' in.

Today I'm playing along with the fun sketch over at the Global Design Project #GDP158. Of all the card challenges out there a sketch challenge is my very favourite.

And yes I'm crafting with the Joyous Noel DSP and the Peaceful Noel Stamp set. The products from this suite have really gotten a workout from me. It makes it so easy to create and craft when the products are so fabulous and gorgeous!


I've pretty my followed the sketch to the 'T',so not like me at all, with a Gray Granite card base and then layering of the Gray Granite cardstock and the Gray Granite DSP piece with the beautiful copper foil in the print. Over that is an embossed piece of Tranquil Tide cardstock and then the Tranquil Tide DSP piece over that. 
Tranquil Tide has really been a standout colour for me this year so far in my Christmas creations and is perfect with Merry Merlot for those deep, rich and luxe Christmas cards.


Teamed up with all the different pieces of DSP is some of the Joyous Noel 6" x 6" Glimmer Paper that comes in three colours - Tranquil Tide, Merry Merlot and Copper. There is a little bit of the Tranquil Tide Glimmer Paper just peeking out the bottom of the embossed piece and then the snowflakes are in the Copper Colour. Pretty!! 


The card is then finished with some images from the Peaceful Noel stamp set, that I cut out with my Scan 'N' Cut, and some Copper Metallic Thread. The only thing that I did change up was the placement of the sentiment to suit the look of my card.

I really think that the sketches from the sketch challenges are really the starting point to your creation and any changes that you happen to make are really just your creative interpretation of the sketch. As long as you keep the basic design principles.

Thanks GDP for the fabulous sketch and
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.