Friday, May 20, 2016

Just Add Ink #312 | Swirly Bird Colour Combo

This weeks Just Add Ink challenge is a beautiful colour challenge of blues and greens as suggested by fellow DT member, Patrice. I had originally thought a beautiful sea scape lends itself perfectly to these colours but I just couldn't figure it out in my head. Maybe you can create it and enter it in  this weeks challenge.

I then pulled out my very new stamp and thinlits set, Swirly Bird and co-ordinating framelits Swirly Scribbles. These are available June 1st and the best thing is this is one of the new bundles in the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. Purchase the stamp set and the thinlits together and you can save yourself 10%. Winning!!!


I started with the Bermuda Bay cardstock down the side and pleated the strip of the the Mint Macaron DSP from the retiring It's My Party DSP.  It took me a few goes to get the pleating right as I didn't measure it. That will teach me for having a lazy moment and I could have saved my DSP instead wasting it. Grr. I've then pulled out my mums sewing machine, thanks Mum (I really should give it back but I'm loving it and don't want to), and sewed the pleating to the Bermuda Bay.


I've stamped the splatter image from the Swirly Bird set on the card front in Bermuda Bay. See those silvery splatters on the card, that is from flicking the clear Wink of Stella to give the card a shimmery, shiny look. Its really pretty but really hard to photograph its shimmery goodness.


The swirly die is actually cut from two dies from the new Swirly Scribbles Thinlits. Loving these thinlits. Got some more fab ideas to use with them too, so watch this space. Love the metallic thread on top of them too. Make for a fun and modern look.

The 'Hello You' is a sneak peek of a new product too. From a set called 'Thoughtful Banners'. Such an awesome set with a matching punch too. Yay!!! SO can't wait till June 1st when you can get these new products too! It's like waiting for Christmas.

Make sure you have a look at the rest of the Just Add Ink gals take on these colours. You will find all the details on this weeks challenge there too and when posting your creation remember to mention Just Add Ink in your blog post!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
(Australian Residents Only)
  Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty Rochelle! I love your layers of texture and the pleated strip of DSP looks fabulous too! Those Swirly dies seem a little addictive and so much fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scrappy modern feel Rochelle! All the layers are fabulous and love the scribbly focal and the stitching - hang on to the sewing machine ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.