Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Happy Birthday to my big teenager!!

EEEKK! Today my biggest boy, Asher, turned 13 today!! I can't believe that I now have a teenager.  He was acutally born on Mother's Day and was my very first, most wonderful Mother's Day present, after 10 hrs of labour and being 2 weeks overdue. He weighed in at a whopping 9lb 15oz and as most mothers say the cliche saying, I will say it too, it only feels like yesterday he was born and I can remember very clearly the details of his birth, except the part my husband is adamant I said yet I have no recollection of, that I was 'Never doing that again'. Ha! Two more children after Ash. I don't think I  'Never did that again'.

I can't believe how much Asher has grown up in his 13 years. He is about a head shorter that my husband and myself (my husband and I are nearly the same height and I'm nearly 6ft) and as I've always said, I think it wont be long before he is taller than both of us. He is a beautiful natured boy, loving, caring, generous, kind, sharing, very willing to help at all times, fun loving, and he has a huge servant heart! I love now that he is getting older that we can converse on a more adult level and that he is growing into a young man.


For Asher's birthday, of course I made him a birthday card. I had a play around with some of the new 2016 - 2018 In Colours, Emerald Envy and Dapper Denim. These two colours a bold and rich and perfect for those male cards.


I stamped the Gorgeous Grunge splatter image with Basic Black Archivial ink on Kraft cardstock and then die cut stars out of Dapper Denim cardstock. What a gorgeous blue!! It's such a rich colour and so bold! It is stunning! Emerald Envy is just as beautiful! I can see these new colours getting a lot of use.


I've used Emerald Envy to stamp the Happy Birthday from 'Silhouette and Script', the hostess set. I lobe the look of the sentiment and the modern look to it . It goes perfectly with the Gorgeous Grunge. Its all finished off with some numbers die cut from the Large Numbers set, Gold Metallic thread and some Gold sequins from the Metallics Sequins Assortment. The two gold glimmer stars a helping hide the glue dots as I didn't want them to be visible through the vellum numbers. I think it looks better when you can't see the adhesives through the vellum. Makes for a much cleaner look.

I hope that I've inspired you a little today with some of the new upcoming In Colours. Now off to play with the rest of the other In Colours to see what I can come up with.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.