Friday, May 6, 2016

Just Add Ink #310 - Just Add a Sketch

Welcome, welcome! Its another Friday and another Just Add Ink Challenge. Here's to the weekend!! This week its a sketch challenge of a different kind. A circle! You can make a circle card or like what I did use the circle element for a normal sized card.


I've cut a corrugated kraft and vellum circle and then layered some flowers cut from the Botanical Builder Dies. Boy am I going to miss that corrugated card when it retires in a few weeks. I can certainly say that I use it a lot!


I've layerd some Gold Fancy Designer Vellum on some Kraft cardstock and matched it with some Basic Black Striped DSP from the Neutrals Backgrounds Designer Series Paper Stacks. I love these paper stacks and you can get each pattern (there are 4 I think) in every Stampin' Up! colour. You will always have some DSP on hand in the colour that you want. I think I've used all the Basic Black striped pattern now. So that is a bit of a problem. Oops! Will have to use another colour now.


The flowers are cut out of Pink Pirrouette, Basic Black and Old Olive. I've sponged around the edges to give the flowers and the leaves just a bit more depth of colour. 


It's all finished off with some Gold Glimmer, Basic Pearls and my all time fav Gold Metallic Thread (I think it will soon be replaced by the Copper Metallic Thread coming out in the Stampin' Up! Annual cataloge coming in June. Love anything copper!)

This card is off to a good friend who did something very special for me a few weeks ago, it went in the post today! I just wanted to tell her how much I appreciated what she did.

Make sure you check out all the other amazing creations the other Just Add Ink gals have made. What a super talented group of gals!!! You will find all the details on this weeks challenge there too and when posting your creation remember to mention Just Add Ink in your blog post!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
(Australian Residents Only)
  Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Rochelle. I love the softness of the pink flowers next to the bold black elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!...I don't think l have ever used up all of one dsp, but then again l hoard the stuff..:0) I'm sure you'll find a substitute that will look equally as good on your stunning creations.
    Speaking of, l adore the details on this one and as always a beautiful design.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rochelle! I love all the gold details and touches of pearls and texture. The sponging makes such a lovely effect too. When I ran out of the striped pieces a few months back I managed to convince a friend to go halves in another stack...lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.