Friday, June 5, 2015

Just Add Ink #265 - Just Add Inspiration


These weeks seem to roll around faster and faster! I can't believe we are in the first week of Winter. The days are definitely shorter and a whole lot colder! It's only supposed to be 10 degrees (Celsius) here today. Brr!!! Perfect weather though to stay indoors and ... CRAFT!!!! Its a new challenge at Just Add Ink this week set by - ME!!! And for those who know me well and my favourite Stampin' Up! colour then you would say this is very me. Bermuda Bay and Gold. Can't go wrong with those two colours.
This week is an inspiration challenge. The party scene and the balloons are perfect timing for my birthday coming up this Saturday!  Here is the inspiration picture ...


When I first saw the party picture on Pinterest it took my breath away. WOW right!!
I thought the colour combo was amazing and I pinned the picture on my Pinterest board - Colour Combos straight away to use for a future creation and for some inspiration. 
When the call out came from the other Just Add Ink ladies for some possible challenges I put this pic up and well the rest is history. 

Here is what I created from the inspiration picture


The black striped DSP is from the Neutrals DSP stack. All the patterns have been changed up to give them a fresh, even bold modern look. I'm loving the stripes, just sayin'.


The balloon is stamped in Bermuda Bay and then I've used the 'birthday' from the set Crazy About You and heat embossed that with gold embossing powder.


While waiting for my new catalogue order, which should be delievered any day now , I have some of the new Gold Metallic Thread in my order. So while I couldn't use that I had to do the next best thing to get a fine strand of gold  thread  and that was to pull the gold strand out of the Gold Bakers Twine. That works a treat!!!


Come and check out all the other creative gals on the Just Add Ink Design Team. We would love you join in this weeks challenge and to see what inspires you from the inspiration pic!




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

11 comments:

  1. Awesome card, Rochelle! Love all your little bits of detail, especially the gold thread - can't wait for mine to arrive as well (hopefully today). Hope you have a super happy and special day tomorrow. Will be thinking of you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patrice! Thanks for your birthday wishes!

      Delete
  2. LOVED..the inspiration Rochelle, thanks for such a fun challenge! Your clean lines and design are so lovely, the gold elements make it ever so elegant...pinned already :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Rochelle! Love the panels of striped DSP - so elegant! And I love your tip on the gold thread ( my order is still coming too!) Hope you hVe a wonderfully happy birthday tomorrow and thank you for such a fun challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. Thank you for your birthday wishes too!

      Delete
  4. The layers in this are just divine Rochelle! I love how the gold peeps out in each mat and that fabulous collection of tails you have for your balloon. Bring on the gold thread I say!! Enjoy your birthday celebrations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. Thank you for your birthday wishes and your card too!

      Delete
  5. This is a great challenge Rochelle. I agree with you that it's a fantastic image. I love how you have used the gold thread and the little tassles you have made. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a stunning card Rochelle! I love all the touches of sparkly gold, makes it so elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.