Friday, June 19, 2015

JAI #267 - Just Add Typography


It's Friday again! Yay! That means that today is the day for another Just Add Ink Challenge, Just Add Typography, brought to you this week by Design Team Member, Di Barnes.
What is Typography you ask? I was a little stumped with it too. I looked up dictionary.com and they defined  Typography as

typography

[tahy-pog-ruh-fee]




noun
1.the art or process of printing with type.
2.the work of setting and arranging types and of printing from them.
3.the general character or appearance of printed matter.
Which basically means using font or type to create print.
For my card this week I've uesd the Watercolour Thank You stamp along with the new DSP Paper Stack Pretty Petals. The DSP is quite bold and busy so I've kept the card quite simple this week and let the stamp and the DSP speak for themselves.
I really love the design of the the DSP and how striking it looks with the pops of Old Olive and Calypso Coral. I've then just used the reverse side of this sheet of DSP to co-ordinate the square layers.
I've embellished the card with some of the new Metallic thread, think I've nearly used a whole roll of the gold thread and I only got it last week, 1/8" Gold ribbon and the Metallics Sequin Assortment.
Now go and check out the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Teams creations and show us your interpretation of Typography. 

Below is a list of all the items that I used in this project. If you live in Australia and would like to purchase and of these items used then just click on the image and you will be directed to my online store.
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

9 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL, Rochelle! That DSP is my new favourite; isn't it gorgeous? Love how you've put together all the elements on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simple clean elegance and bold sentiment really say it perfectly Rochelle. I love the little accents you added to complement the design. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rochelle! I love that you've matched your bold greeting with the equally fun and bold DSP and the wonderful gold accents! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's refreshing to know that most of us had to look 'typography' up before completing this challenge!

    Absolutely love that big bold sentiment, and you were right to let the dsp and sentiment do the talking. Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect choice of sentiment-font to match that gorgeous paper, Rochelle. (I think it's fair to say we're all in love with Pretty Petals). I love all the attention you've given to the sentiment too, with the paper, stitching & gold bling.
    Di :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.