Friday, August 10, 2018

Paper Adventures Team Blog Hop | Baby & Kids | Guest Designer


Hello there fellow crafters and stampers. Welcome to my little crafty space where I share what I love and love what I share. Today I'm participating in the Paper Adventures Team Hop, theme baby and kids. My beautiful friend Kelly Kent,  in Bunbury, Western Australia, and her fabulous team have invited me to be a guest for their once a month team blog hop and I am so very honoured to join them.

Today I've made two super cute Mini Accordion Zig Zag Baby Albums, one for a boy and the other for a girl, using the super gorgeous , super cute Stampin' Up! Twinkle Twinkle DSP, for the baby and kids theme. This would have to be my favourite DSP from the 2018 - 2019 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. The colours are stunning and the colour combo in the DSP is perfect for baby boy, baby girl or even unisex  (if you don't know what your having) creations. I know blue for boys and pink for girls is very stereotypical but I like it here for my creations today.

There are many tutorials on Pinterest and You Tube on how to make these albums. I followed this one on You Tube for the measurements but made it my own by using different products from the original and designing the look of the album to my look and style.

I started with the Gray Granite cover and then used the Shimmery White Embossing Paste and the cloud stencil from the Pattern Party Decorative Masks. The glitter shimmer in the Embossing Paste just makes the paste all that more pretty and special.


I've embossed  the letters from the Lined Alphabet Photopolymer Stamp Set on the Twinkle, Twinkle DSP and then die cut them out. The letters look so gorgeous embossed on the DSP and it adds to that cute baby look and feel.


I wanted a small 'hello' to go with the large 'baby' letters and after searching high and low through my stamp sets I found one in the Stampin' Up! Tabs for Everything Stamp Set. Stamped in Gray Granite and then layered with some pieces of the Silver & Petal Pink Baker's Twine and the Silver & Pool Party Baker's Twine.

The rest of the photos show the inside of the album (without photo's in it of course). The larger sections in the pages is where the photos go and then there are two pockets pages in the album for some journalling cards to record any memories or milestones.










The inside front left panel is embellished with some die cuts from the Stitched Labels Dies, the heart from the Twinkle, Twinkle DSP,  the heart from the Corrugated Elements and some hearts from the Frames Elements.

This mini album could make the perfect gift for grandparents for a brag book, or if you take out one of the pocket pages and put a photo on the front inside cover you could put a photo for the each month of the first 12 months of the baby's life, or you could change up the look all together and use the album to record your most recent holiday. The possibles are endless.

Thanks so much for hopping with me and the Paper Adventures team today!
Next on the hop is Siobhan Fitzsimmons. Go and see what she has to share! THANK YOU Kelly, so much, for the invite to hop with you and your team! 

https://hightreeshousesite.wordpress.com/2018/08/10/paper-adventures-team-blog-hop-august-baby

Participant List
Kelly Kent

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 Recreate these albums at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

6 comments:

  1. Oh these are just gorgeous Rochelle! Perfect little gift for a new baby and a wonderful keepsake. Thanks for sharing your beautiful design and blog hopping along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable, Rochelle. Any mom would love this as a gift and any child would feel cherished to have their photos so beautifully adorned. Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, these are gorgeous. Looking for some inspriation to get me back to crafting.Your lovely work might do the trick, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rohelle do you have any meausrements you could share please for your album? I' d love to give this a go.thanks, Liz lillylovespaper@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok so I went back and read more detail and found the link!! thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - these are just the sweetest!!! I can’t wait to try it out. Mini albums have been on my list for a long time!! Thanks for hopping with our Paper Adventures team. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.