Friday, October 27, 2017

#TGIFC131 | Eclipse Technique

Hello, Hello! Here's to the weekend. A time to rest, rejuvenate and maybe even fit in some time for creating. If you are looking for something to get that creative mojo going why not check out the new challenge over a TGIF Challenges.

We are playing and creating with a new technique, the Eclipse Technique. Have you seen it yet?


It's fun and quite easy to do. If you're not sure what it is just Google 'Stampin' Up! Eclipse Technique' or search the same in You Tube and you'll be able to see what the fun is all about. You'll love it!

 Basically you stamp on your card background layer and then use an Alphabet Die like the Large Letters Framelits to cut a word in the stamped background. You then pop those letters up with a foam adhesive so you can just see the shadow of the letters on the card. Super fun and super easy.

I've gone with a Christmas Card today and I've made a long card in the landscape orientation. I don't think I've made a card this size before and the only reason that I did this time is so that I could fit the word 'Merry' across the card front.


I repeatedly stamped the holly image from the Carols of Christmas Stamp set with Crumb Cake Classic Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock. Loving that tone on tone look and because the card front is quite busy with the stamping and the die cutting the tone one tone stamping makes the stamped images a bit more subtle and just tones the whole card back a little bit.


I die cut the letters out of the Crumb Cake and then cut another whole set out of Basic Black and layered the Basic Black underneath. This just adds to the whole shadow effect and the eclipse look to the card.


I've teamed up the Crumb Cake layer with Cherry Cobbler and the gorgeous Merry Music Specialty Designer Series Paper. I don't know why I haven't used this DSP yet cause it is just AMAZING!!!
And then finished off the some of the 7/8" Striped Ribbon, Basic Black Baker's Twine and some black sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment.

Make sure you check out all the amazing inspiration from the rest of the design team!! Why not give this fun technique a try and join in this fabulous challenge over at TGIF? Can't wait to see your Eclipse creations!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love your card. This would also make a great money card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Curious what the dimensions are for this card?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.