Friday, October 20, 2017

Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop | Count My Blessings

Hello, Hello. Welcome to today's Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team blog hop. We are creating with either the Gourd Goodness or Count My Blessings Stamp Sets. As its not Autumn here in Melbourne, but Spring, and this set shouts autumn to me I wanted to create with the Count My Blessing set so I'm on Team Count My Blessings. Any set that I can colour with I will naturally gravitate towards and use that.


Its a fabulous set to let the loved ones in our lives know just how much they mean to us or that we are thinking of them.

I've gone with some thinking of you cards and some colouring with the Watercolour Pencils and the floral image in this gorgeous set. Because I've made some 'Thinking of You' cards I wanted them to have a clean look and not too much 'fanfare'. I really wanted the seniment to be the main focus so that the 'Thinking of You' sentiment was the first thing that you saw and the floral image, DSP, Ribbon and Trim came through second. What I'm trying to say is that I didn't want it to be too OTT.


I've stamped the images on to Crumb Cake cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black in and then embossed over it with Clear embossing powder. I do realise that I do emboss the images on nearly all my creations but I just love that gorgeous, shiny sheen that the clear embossing powder gives to any stamped image. And it's another added element of prettiness and texture.


Once the ink and clear embossing powder were ready I used the Melon Mambo and Old Olive Pencils to add some colour. The best way I like to use the pencils is to, with an Aqua Painter, pick the colour up straight off the pencil lead and then 'paint' that colour down on to the image. Keep going with the picking up colour and then painting it down until you get the desired look and colour to your image.

Loving the light wash of colour on these cards with a little bit of the crumb cake showing through. When colouring on Crumb Cake don't use too much water as your cardstock will start to pill and ball up. The Crumb Cake Cardstock isn't designed for watercolour but if you use a light hand and less water you can do it.


I've used the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to rule an edge around the card and the I've finished it off with Linen Thread, Burlap Trim, Merry Little Christmas DSP and some Mini Gold Sequin Trim. Super pretty and not too 'OTT'.

Loving all that clean space to these cards and then the gorgeous sentiment with the gorgeous font and the beautiful floral images. Sometimes its nice to strip the cards back and give them that clean look.

Now on to Shannon all the way over in Canada with her colourful creations and her love of colour.

https://crushoncolour.blogspot.com.au/2017/10/artisan-oct-2.html



Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

4 comments:

  1. Argh ... I do not like Crumb Cake. That's what I thought when I saw the duo. And then ... the simplicity of the cards, the light details and the colorization work have gained the upper hand. So I still do not like Crumb Cake but I like those two cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! That simple frame with the journaling pen really sets your flowers off on this card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant and the idea with the edge is awesome!
    XO
    Sylwia

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.