Thursday, October 12, 2017

Stamp to Share International Design Team Blog Hop | Painted Harvest


It's time again for our monthly Stamp to Share International Design Team Blog Hop. We are group of demonstrators from each Stampin' Up! market worldwide and we like to showcase a different Stampin' Up! Bundle for each hop and this time we bring you the Painted Harvest Bundle which includes the Painted Harvest stamp set and the Leaf Punch.


Its a fun two-step, photopolymer stamp set to create a watercolour like look. Super gorgeous and super pretty and without all the work of actual watercolouring!

I've made two cards for today's hop. Both using the same colours but with two different looks. I'm loving the fresh crisp white and the pops of the bright Crushed Curry Sunflowers and the Garden Green leaves. The contrast of the white to the yellow is beautiful!

I've also decided to go with some square cards today.  I normally make a standard sized card, all the time, and just wanted to change it up a little for a different look.


The first card, with the fabulous brick pattern embossing paste, I used the masking technique to layer the stamping of the sunflower and the leaves. I first traced around the Stitched Circle Shape die so I could roughly know where to stamp the sunflower and then stamped the layers of the sunflower so it was sitting more to the left of the circle.

Once the sunflower was stamped I then stamped the two images of the sunflower on a Post-It-Note and then fussy cut the image out. This Post-It-Note is then placed over the stamped image on the card stock so that the image is completely covered and then I stamped the leaf layers so that it looks like all the images have been layered together.

It takes a little bit of time to fussy cut the sunflower on the post it but I think the masking when stamping all the images makes for a fabulous look. 


The second card again involves some more fussy cutting (lucky I like it and find it therapeutic).
I sponged some of the Crushed Curry Classic ink in the corner of the card stock layer to give a graduated colour look and then arranged the fussy cut flowers over the ink for a bright and fun look.  

I was going to have the sentiment embossed in gold on vellum for the second card also but I preferred to have the gold embossing straight on the card. Just a personal preference. I liked it better without the vellum.


I know that there are lots of creations out there on the internets using this bundle but I hope that I've given you some more ideas with this fun stamp set and punch. Its such a fabulous bundle and reasonably priced too at $58.00 AUD. There is just so much you can do with it and if you google Sunflower Colours, yes they come in other colours other than yellow, there are so many different colour variations you can come up with.

Now on to the ever fabulous Sandi MacIver in Canada. Sandi is amazing and her creations are too. I'm sure you will love them as much as I do.

http://wp.me/p6OinC-2J7

If you do get lost along the hop, here is a list of the Design Team members - Just click on their name to get you going again.

Monica Gale - UK
Amy Koenders - USA
Rochelle Blok - Australia - You are here
Sandi MacIver - Canada
Paula Dobson - New Zealand
Barbara Becker - Austria
Moira McIlroy - France

For some more Painted Harvest ideas, check it out here.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 Recreate these cards at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

5 comments:

  1. Love both cards Rochelle and must make a note to make some more square cards, makes a nice change. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, stunning and so different, you always come up with such great ideas my friend, LOVE the brick work behind the one on the left

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you do it?!! You know what I mean! I am just a little in love with both of these beauties ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are just beautiful! I love the clean designs and your colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Rochelle. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.