Thursday, July 27, 2017

Stamp to Share International Design Team Blog Hop | Colour Theory Suite

Hello and welcome to this months Stamp to Share International Blog Hop. We are hopping a little later than normal this month due to a lot of the DT fortunate enough to go on the Stampin' Up! Incentive Trip to Thailand. I hope you all had a fabulous time. I saw lots of photos from other demonstrators and it looked like the most amazing time.



This month our focus is on the Color Theory Suite. Lots of amazing products in this suite and lots of versatility. There is the most amazing stamp set, Colorful Season, with something for every season and the co-ordinating Seasonal Layers Thinlits. Also in the suite, which I haven't used today is the Color Theory DSP 6"x6" stack, Glitter enamel dots and even a Memories and More Card Pack for your memory keeping. Lots of amazing products. LOTS!


While the stamp set and thinlit dies is not typically made for your Christmas crafting, I've gone down the Christmas theme today for more Christmas in July fun. It's never too early to start I say!

I've made my very first shaker card and some gift tags as well to pretty up all those gifts under the tree. Although it's not winter here in Australia at Christmas time I do love the magical feel of a 'White Christmas'. My husband and I both have quite a few relatives in the Netherlands so we might have to take the kids O.S. to experience all that is for a Christmas in Winter. One day.

My shaker card isn't the usual shaker card with the foam adhesive between the two acetate sheets. I've just put double sided tape (Tear & Tape) between the two Window sheets so as all the 'shaker' goodies don't all fall to the bottom of the card.  All the shaker bits can still move and shake but it does make for a different shaker card look.


To cut out the rectangle shape I used the Layering Squares Framelits and first cut out a square and then slid the square framelit down to cut again making a rectangle shape. When cutting with the square shape for the second time make sure that the framelit is lined up perfectly so that the lines of the rectangle are perfectly straight.


I've die cut the snow flakes in Dapper Denim, Marina Mist, Soft Sky and Silver Glimmer Paper. The shaker pretties are the smallest snowflake in Silver Glimmer Paper, Silver Glitter and the Iridescent and Silver Sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment.


Because the two Window Sheets are quite tight together, the shaker goodies don't all fall to the bottom when you stand the card up. And because the card isn't so thick, it makes it easier to send this shaker card in the mail.

The Merry Christmas comes from the Star of Light Stamp Set. I first inked it up with Versamark and then straight on to the Dapper Denim Classic Ink, stamped it straight on to Vellum and then quickly poured over Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder for extra dimension and texture to the sentiment. Also if you clear emboss any ink that you stamp onto vellum you will have less of a chance of smudging the ink and you don't have to wait for it to dry.


My gift tag is quite simple in its execution but that is what I think makes it beautiful. Sometimes less is more. I had forgotten about the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch but it really does make for super quick tags. I cut the tags out of Soft Sky cardstock and then stamped the snowflake image on to the cardstock with Soft Sky Classic Ink for that tone on tone look. After that I then flicked the Soft Sky Stampin' Write Marker for some fun tone on tone splatters and another fun look to the cardstock.


Over the stamped snowflake I die cut the smallest snowflake die out over vellum and layered it over the stamped snowflake image. Next on the white panel adhered the largest snowflake onto it. It looks like it had been embossed by and embossing folder thus creating a faux embossed look. I did brush Clear Wink of Stella over this larger snowflake but my camera just couldn't pick it up.

Because I used Shimmery White cardstock for these white pieces and then brushed over Clear Wink of Stella it really does have a beautiful sparkly look adding to that Christmas/Festive/Winter look.


All finished off with the smallest snowflake die cut with Silver Glimmer paper, Silver Metallic Thread, Merry Wishes stamped and clear embossed on to vellum and Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon.

I love the Soft Sky and White colour combo. Its a gorgeous look and perfect for that Christmas/Wintry feel.

I do hope that I've given you some more and different ideas using this fabulous Color Theory Suite and I'm sure that you can use some of the other images from the stamp set and the thinlits dies to create a different look and feel for a different season.

Now on to Sandi MacIver all the way over in Canada for her fabulous creations.

http://wp.me/p6OinC-2wU

If you do get lost along the hop, here is a list of the Design Team members - Just click on their name to get you going again.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate these creations at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that design of shaker card is definitely an idea for a workshop this autumn or winter, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING! I had a jaw dropping moment when I saw your projects.
    What a wonderful idea to make a shakercard with glitter!! This goes on my CASE list. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful winter projects! I absolutely love your card, perfectly created! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH !!! I cannot even go to sleep until I try one of your super simple super GORGEOUS shakers !! WOW just WOW !!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your Shaker card!! It looks like a snow frosted window - so beautiful! Please stop talking Christmas in July! I am just not ready blahahahahha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love that it is a shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, both of these projects are stunning, those are the cutest little tags ever and your Shaker Card totally amazed me....on my CAS list too, I have to try that, so thanks for all the "how to" tips

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza, Rochelle. These are both brilliant. The shaker card is simply stunning with the transparent window & all that lovely glitter. Love the tags too for simple elegance. Gorgeous work as usual.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rochelle I just adore the shaker card and how super cute are those tags !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my godness, what lovely projects you made, Rochelle :) ?! So brilliant, because, blue is my favorite color for christmas cards and with glitter, WOW! The Tags are beautiful, too! For christmas presents, so sweet :) ! Thank you for your lovely ideas, Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.