Monday, November 2, 2015

The Stamp Review Crew - Lighthearted Leaves Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/11/stamp-review-crew-lighthearted-leaves.html

Well its been a while since I've been able to participate in a Stamp Review Crew Blog hop. I'm so excited to be in this hop today and back on board. I'm loving the stamp set for this Blog hop, Lighthearted Leaves, and love that is has matching Framelits. Bonus!!!

For those hopping along for the first time, we are a group of International Stampin' Up! demonstrators and we have a blog hop of the first and third Monday of each month. Each hop showcases one stamp set and we like to show you lots of different creative ways to use it!

Remember, if you get lost on the hop click on the banner at the top of this post and this will give you the list of all the 'hoppers' in The Stamp Review Crew.
You may have joined me from the very creative Debra Burgin or you may have started here with me. Either way you are in for a creative treat!



It's a fantastic line art set, great to colour, heat emboss or just to stamp as is. It's very versatile.


Today I've used the large leaf image and heat embossed it on to window sheet. Yep! Window sheet!!
 I really wanted to heat emboss it onto window sheet and was really scared that I would melt it and my idea would be ruined. As things turned out with a little time and patience IT WORKED!!!


I've kept my card quite simple today because the detail in the leaf image is quite intricate and busy and I didn't want to put anything behind the window sheet so that you couldn't see through it. I may have used just plain cardstock then.


The back panel embossed with the gorgeous Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder was sponged lightly with Whisper White Craft Ink to give the cardstock a dusty look.


I cut out a portion of one of the sentiments to get the word 'Thanks'. I just wanted the sentiment on the front to be quite simple and not to busy or distracting.


How awseome does that embossing on the window sheet look??? I really love how it turned out! Tips on how to not completely melt the window sheet, hold you heat tool back from the window sheet quite a bit so that the heat is just hitting the image. If you hold it to close then everything will turn into a crumpled, melted mess. It will take a little bit longer to emboss it like this but the results are well worth the effort!

Click on the next button below to hop on to the master of 3-D creations Bronwyn Eastley! You will not be dissapointed!

http://addinktivedesigns.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-stamp-review-crew-lighthearted.html

http://heartfeltinkspiration.com/2015/11/01/stamp-review-crew-lighthearted-leaves

 Thank you so much for stoping by!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

11 comments:

  1. Your embossed leaf on the window sheet is fabulous! Love love love how it turned out! And the blue background is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous card and great idea! All of your design elements, the embossed background, burlap and lace trim look perfect with your embossed window sheet. You've given me courage to try this technique too, Rochelle. Wonder how much Window Sheet I'll melt?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, Rochelle! I love the colors. Very clever to just use part of the sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is a real show stopper. Love all the elements against the beautiful Lost Lagoon background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AMAZING Rochelle! Totally love everything about it! Perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the idea of embossing on the window sheet! your creations are always so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great texture on this Rochelle. The background is perfect, and I love the window sheet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Rochelle! Such a great effect on window sheet, at first l thought you'd hand cut the detail..:0) Gorgeous card, love the rustic feel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning use of the embossing folder and the gold embossing on the window sheet. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay...I'm absolutely in LOVE with this card! The embossing on the window sheet is perfection...and the layered embellishments are amazing! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!! I love the layers, embossing on the window sheet too. The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.