Friday, October 18, 2024

Just Add Ink #724 | Colour Challenge

 Hello stamping friends. Happy Friday! I hope you are having a wonderful day.  I'm here today with the Just Add Ink Design Team for the new Just Add Ink Challenge - Just Add Ink #724 | Colour Challenge.


This week we have a colour challenge but with a difference. We have given you the first two colours and you can choose the third one. How fun! The colour that I chose to go with the two colours already given to us is Old Olive. I think I snuck in Garden Green there too, but we won't tell anyone. 


I've just this week received the Online Exclusive Happy Hibiscus Hybrid Bundle, which is currently on demo preorder and will be available to purchase from the Stampin' Up! Website come Nov 5th, and I thought the Peach Pie colour was perfect for the gorgeous Hibiscus image. So then adding Old Olive as my colour of choice I was then able to add some foliage to go with the Hibiscus blooms.


I heat embossed the Hibiscus flowers on a sheet of the Unbounded Beauty 12" x 12" DSP.  This Peach Pie sheet of the DSP with its mottled look gives the stamped flower a water colour washed look with some textural stamping without having to do any of the work. It's such a gorgeous look!


The Happy Hibiscus Hybrid Embossing Folder, used for my card base layers, is also part of the Happy Hibiscus Bundle. This embossing folder is stunning and is able to use as is or with the use of the coordinating dies is able to die cut the beautiful, embossed images. If there was one online exclusive bundle to purchase this year, it would have to be this one!

I've used two layered layers of Misty Moonlight with Basic White for the base of the card and then layered the die cut and stamped pieces for this tropical Hibiscus card. I've accented the card with some Textural Element pieces, Gold Twisted Thread -that I unraveled to pull some strands out of, the cute little die cut flowers and the Happy Birthday from the Friends for Life Stamp Set.

I do hope that I've inspired you not only with this sneak peek of some new and upcoming products but also with the colours for our colour challenge. Go and check out the design teams take on this week's colour challenge at the Just Add Ink Blog and then come and join us for this week's colour fun.

Click on the image below to be taken straight to this week's challenge.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE

Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.