Sunday, October 20, 2024

CASE-ing the Catty | #CTC492 | CASE a Bundle Pg.s 57-73 Annual Catalogue

 Hello Stamping Friends. Welcome to a super exciting CASE-ing the Catty Blog Hop. We at CASE-ing the Catty are about CASE-ing the samples from the Stampin' Up! Catalogues (Catty) with a different theme to CASE each week. To CASE is to Copy and Selectively Edit.

This week, we are CASE-ing the samples from the bundles showcased on pages 57 - 73 of the Stampin' Up! 2024 Annual Catalogue.⁠

If you've come from Julia Quinn's blog, welcome, if you've started here with me also welcome.


I've said it before Stampin' Up! bundles make crafting coordination easy. The stamp & tool bundles help you to quickly cut out stamped images to simplify your paper crafting while also at the same time saving you money. Who doesn't want to save money?

There are 17 amazing bundles in the catalogue from pgs.57-73 for just about every occasion to cover all your crafting needs.


I chose this sample from the bundles in the Annual Catalogue that is made with the Bistro Burger Bundle and used it for the basis of my neutral Christmas card using the Decorative Trees Bundle that is found in the 2024 Sept-Dec Mini Catalogue.


I've kept most of the design elements the same as the original, but I changed up the layering on my card as I felt my card looked better that way. Just my personal preference. I wanted more a rustic/neutral look and knew I wanted to have the Country Woods DSP on the card and then I built the card up from there.


I've started the card with Basic White thick cardstock and a double layering of dry embossed cardstock. And then over the embossing I've added a layer of the Country Woods DSP. I did try a piece with banner ends like the original sample but liked the DSP without the banner ends. Again, just personal preference and I love clean/straight lines on my cards.


I've then added one of the Spotlight on Nature die cut circles and then layered on that the Decorative Trees die cuts. I layered Crumb Cake cardstock and the super pretty retired Gold Glimmer Paper that I've still got a bit of a stash of. #useyourstash 

I've finished the card off with the heat embossed Merry from the Reindeer Fun stamp set, the die cut Christmas from the Peaceful Season dies, Iridescent Pearls, Linen Thread, and Black and Vanilla large check ribbon.

I hope that my card today inspires you to use the catalogue samples as the basis for your cards. They are the perfect starting point for inspiration and to help you to get creating. I love keeping similar design elements from the samples and changing them up to create my own cards. 

Follow the hop though to visit Kathryn Mangelsdorf to see what catalogue sample inspired her.

Rochelle Blok - You are here


We would love to have you join us over at our Facebook group to share your creation CASE-ing a project from the 2024 - 2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue and join in this week's challenge. You don't need to have a blog to join in!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE

Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store

1 comment:

  1. I loooove the country woods paper with the sweet glimmer of trees!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.