Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Global Design Project #454 | #GDP454 | Sketch Challenge

  Hi there stamping friends! Thanks for stopping here at my blog. Today I'm playing along with the sketch challenge over at the Global Design Project #454 | #GDP454.


 I've really been enjoying the sketch challenges of late over at the Global Design Project. I really look forward to when the new sketch challenge comes around and this one is no different. This sketch really lends itself to layering and I love using circles on my cards.

I'm using the beautiful Wildly Flowering DSP from the Stampin' Up! 2024 - 2025 Annual Catalogue. This DSP didn't really catch my eye when the catalogue was first released. The colours in it are ones that I don't normally use but I saw a few creations with it on Instagram and was like "What is that DSP?" Before I knew it, it jumped up in my shopping cart and was delivered to my door.

 
 I've combined the Wildly Flowering DSP with one of the Country Woods DSP designs and I think that they compliment each other very well. I've layered the DSP pieces with Basic White and Moody Mauve.

The circle elements are a layering of the Wildly Flowering DSP and Crumb Cake cardstock embossed with the Distressed Tile Embossing Folder. The Moody Mauve circle was die cut with one of the Spotlight on Nature Dies and then I used the cut out pieces around the edge to "sew" some Linen Thread through. 

I've then finished the card off with some flowers fussy cut from the Wildly Flowering DSP, some foliage die cut from the Citrus Blooms Dies, a Ribbon Bow, the Happy Birthday sentiment, and some super pretty Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels.

I love the moody vibe that this DSP gives and when combined with the dark Country Woods  DSP as well gives more of this vibe.

I do hope that you've enjoyed my take on the GDP sketch and the combination of different DSP designs.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.