Friday, February 9, 2024

Just Add Ink #688 | Just Choose Two Challenge

 I'm here today to bring you my card for the NEW challenge we have over at Just Add Ink Challenges - Just Add Ink #688 - Just Choose Two Challenge. 

Today for our Just Choose Two challenge (to choose two items to feature on your project) we are choosing from Sequins, Stars or Stitching. I chose stitching straight off the bat and then added sequins for my Just Choose Two.

The sequins and stitching are accents to finish off my card rather than being the main element. I did think about doing another cross stitch card but I might save doing another one later on down the track.

I've gone for a Basic White and Fresh Freesia card today for a pretty and fresh look. I think Fresh Freesia is becomning my new favourite Stampin' Up! colour. Everytime I use it I love it more and more.

The butteflies all over my card are from the Stampin' Up! Paper Butterfly Accents. I love the contrast of these beautiful white butterflies against the coloured cardstock. Pretty! To add the stitching element used a (very old and retired) Stampin' Up! Essentials Paper Piercing Pack and a Piercing Tool to punch the holes and then with a needle and some retired Gold Thread I hand stitched the border. I used to do this quite a lot on my cards and I love the gorgeous look that the hand stitching gives. This is the next best thing to using a sewing machine on your cards.

Because I wanted the butterfly layer to be the main element to my card I really didn't want a large sentiment to cover them all. I've layered some Vellum Basics, Linen Thread, a small piece of the Perennial Lavender DSP and the Happy Birthday Senitment. The sequins come from the For Everything Fancy Sequins.

There are lots of AMAZING creations from the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team on the JAI Blog. Go and check out to see what 'two' elements they all used this week and then while you are there you can see how you can enter your project. Can't wait to see what 'two' you used.

Click the image below to be taken straight to this week's challenge.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping! 


Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.