Friday, November 11, 2022

Just Add Ink #629 | Just Add Wings Challenge

Hello there stamping friends! Happy Friday! Welcome and thanks for joining me on my blog today. It's so good to have you here.  I hope you're having a fabulous day and that you have all been safe and well. Today we over at Just Add Ink have another creative challenge for you. This week we are 'Just Adding Wings' - Just Add Ink #629 | Just Add Wings Challenge - suggested by fellow JAI team member Jo Stubbings.

So anything that has wings you can use for this challenge. Birds, butterflies, fairies, insects, planes. Whatever winged thing you have in your crafting stash to help you with this challenge.

I'm using the Butterfly Brilliance background stamp and the Brilliant Wings Dies from the Stampin' Up! 2022 - 2023 Annual Catalogue.These products have been around for a little while now. I've used the dies before but this is the first time that I've used the stamp.

I've gone for a tone-on-tone look by stamping Balmy Blue ink on Balmy Blue cardstock. I then used a Blending Brush to add some Balmy Blue ink around the edges. You may notice that there is a slight puple tone around the edges too. This happened when I was using the blending brush to add the ink around the edges and there was Blackberry Bliss ink on my grid paper underneath from a previous ink blending session. As I kept adding the Balmy Blue ink the blending brush picked up some of the Blackberry Bliss ink as well for a gorgeous purple/blue ink blended edge. So note to self - make sure you use a fresh grid paper sheet when ink blending so as to not pick up any unwanted ink.


 Over the stamping and inked edges I added some white splatters using some watered down White Craft ink and a Water Painter. 
 
For the butterfly die, I die cut four of the butterflies in Basic White and then glued them together to create some added dimension. The butterfly then pops off the card for for a fun look. I've layered the white butterfly with some Vellum underneathe and then a Night of Navy embossed Happy Birthday sentiment.

I've then embellished the card with some Natural Finish Ribbon (cut in half), Linen Thread and some of the Blue For Everything Fancy Sequins.

There are lots of AMAZING creations from the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team on the JAI Blog. Go and check out to see what 'Wings' elements the JAI Design Team used. Cant' wait to see what your project will be!
 
Thank so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

 
Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.