Friday, January 14, 2022

Just Add Ink #586 | Just Add Ink Blog Hop | Just Add Summer

Hello there stampers! Happy Friday! Welcome and thank you for joining me on my blog today. I've  just had a very well deserved and much needed Christmas Break with my family and some time away camping in our caravan, with 4 other families. Lots of fun in the sun, trying out my new stand up paddle board that I got for Christmas, swimming in the lake, swimming at the beach, boating, knee-boarding, 4WD, and lots of all-round summer fun! Was so good to be away in the great outdoors of Australia.

Over at Just Add Ink, to kick off the first challenge for the year we are commencing 2021 with a blog hop to go with the new challenge. Our theme for this hop and the challenge is 'Just Add Summer'. With all that fun in the sun I've just had for the last two weeks the new challenge seems very fitting and it's perfect for us in the Southern Hemisphere where we are right in the middle of Summer.

While most people, including me, usually see Summer as a time for being at the beach or the pool and enjoying lots of time outside, and I do all that. But one thing I love that happens quite regularly here in Melbourne are the amazing summer storms. After days of extremely hot weather there is nothing better than a summer storm to feel alive and refreshed.

One thing that usually comes with those storms are the stunning rainbows that shine so brightly against those dark grey clouds. So with that my projects for today's blog hop all use the new Brilliant rainbow dies from the new 2022 Jan - Jun Mini Catalogue.

Ive used some non-traditional rainbow colours and then combined those gorgeous rainbows with some fabulous background scoring techniques. A super easy way to add details to any project with not much effort.

For each rainbow I've used the Stampin' Up! colours - Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Blushing Bride and Flirty Flamingo. How gorgeous are these colours together? I just love the combo and they look extra amazing against the crisp Basic White.

The big rainbow dies are such a statement. I love how when using them you don't really need much else to go with them. Here I've used the cloud dies (part of the Brilliant rain Bow Dies) and die cut the clouds out of vellum. I've then used White Bakers Twine, some Adhesive Backed Sequins and the embossed Happy Birthday from the Artistically Inked Stamp Set. I just added scoring lines around the edge using my Stampin' Up! Paper Trimmer, just lining up the edge at the 1/2" mark and then spacing the next line 1/4" apart. Super easy and just score on all four sides.

My next card I created a grid background using my Stampin' Up! Simply Scored Tool. My lines are 1/4" apart and it was very quick and easy to do and makes an awesome grid pattern. The rainbow is again die cut with the same colours and also finished off with the same embellishments and trim. This Happy Birthday comes from the Art Gallery Stamp Set.

My last card uses the 'tag' rainbow die to create a fabulous border. I die cut 5 of the tags in Basic White to make the border and then used that same die to then get the rainbow 'inserts' in each of the four colours. While there is a smaller die in this set that makes a border for you, I liked the bigger size for more of an impact. This time for the scored lines I made a diagonal pattern spaced 1/2" apart. I again used my Stampin' Up! Paper trimmer to score from corner to corner and then just lined up the scored lines on the 1/2" line and continued the lines across the card in both directions.

While my cards are quite CAS I really love the bright colour combo against the bright white. It then makes it a whole lot easier to mass produce if you are making a lot of them. Change up the Happy Birthday for another sentiment and you've got a card for all occasions.

Next up on the blog hop is the fabulous Tristan Dawes. Make sure you click your way around to everyone on the hop as there are lots of amazing creations and lots of different takes on our 'Just Add Summer' theme. Once you've been through the hop make why not get creative with your own Just Add Summer creation and add it to our Just Add Ink Blog. I can't wait to see your projects!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
  

8 comments:

  1. Such a great colour combo for your summer rainbows Rochelle. We've certainly had plenty of thunderstorms recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous colourful rainbows Rochelle! Love your cards! - Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love summer storms and in particular the smell after the rain. Gorgeous collectio of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! These certainly are stunners Rochelle. I love the backgrounds you created. So striking behind your fab rainbow creations. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your color scheme and crisp designs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adore these cards Rochelle! I love the crisp white details and the bright pops of colour. And of course, right on time we did have a big storm last night with the thunder and lightning in Melb! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You did 3 amazing CAS cards. I can't decide which of the 3 is my fave. I love the choice of colours for your rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’re so right about the summer storms! These rainbows are beautiful and you have chosen such a lovely colour palette.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.