Friday, May 7, 2021

Just Add Ink #553 | Sketch Challenge

Hello there stamping friends! I hope that you are having a fantastic week and a fabulous day! It's Friday, Yay, and that means it's time for another Just Add Ink Challenge, JAI #553. We've got another fun sketch for you suggested to us by fellow JAI Design Team Member Kelly Kent. Fun for layering but has a lot of scope for you to make this sketch your own.

I've used this sketch to have another play around with the beautiful Stampin' Up! Pansy Petal Suite and how to make a card using mostly cardstock and DSP. The only stamp I used today was for the sentiment.

I've started my card with a Basic White base and then I've layered some Soft Succulent cardstock and then a piece of the Fresh Freesia Gingham from the Pansy Petals DSP. The Soft Succulent aand Fresh Freesia together makes for a beautiful colour combination. I can see that being used again in the future. Over the gingham I added strips of Fresh Fressia cardstock. I changed up the sketch slightly by adding five strips instead of the four. Just a personal prefernce to change it up that way as I personally thought the five strips looked better that the four. Don't they say in design that things look better in odd numbers rather than even.

I've added a panel of the Basic White cardstock over the base layers and for an added touch of prettyness I put a small piece of the Square Vellum Doilies at each end of the Basic White layer.

Then to finish off the card I've added some Pansies and leaves that have been die cut from the Pansy Petals DSP. Use a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine along with the coordinating Pansy Dies to cut the images from the Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper. Cutting the images out of the DSP makes for making a really quick card with beuatiful imagery. Another great thing for making cards with the images from the DSP is that there are lots of Pansies and leaves in the DSP so you can easily make a bulk batch of cards with all these gorgeous images.

With it being Mother's Day here in Australia this coming Sunday I thought I would use the 'Happy Mother's Day' sentiment from the Timeless Tulips Stamp Set but you can easily swap that out for whatever sentiment you desired.

There are lots of AMAZING creations from the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team on the JAI Blog. Go and check out everyone's take on the sketch. I love to see how everyone has a different creation all using the same sketch. Can't wait to see what you do with the sketch.

Thank so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:

  1. Another stunner, Rochelle! I will have to take a second look at the DSP.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.