Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Stampin' Fancy Friday | CASE a Fancy Friend Challenge

Hello there stamping friends! Welcome, welcome! So good to have you here. I've got a project for you today for the Stampin' Fancy Friday Design Team. This month the challenge is to CASE (Copy and Share Everything) a Fancy Friend. CASEing is where you are inspired by a fellow artists work and then use that as inspiration to make your own project.You use some of the similar elements of the original creation and then change it up with your own personal touch to make it your own.


I'm CASEing the amazing Stampin' Fancy Friday friend Connie Collins for this month's challenge. She has this beautiful 'pretty' style that usually involves Florals and some form of colouring. Every time I see one of her creations I'm always WOWed. And if you've ever seen her colouring on her projects, well it's just amazing!


This is Connie's original creation. I just love stripes and Florals so I wanted to keep those two elements and then the rest is changed up to give it a 'Rochelle' look and feel.


When looking at Connie's original card I noticed that her stripes had stitching on the edges. The stitching comes from the handle from the All Dressed Up Dies that make the gorgeous little bag. So instead of having the stripes on an angle I turned them straight as I love straight lines, layered the Smoky Slate and Shimmery White on a piece of cardstock, die cut the whole piece using the Stitched Rectangle Dies and then embossed the panel with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.


I coloured the Magnolia using Rococo Rose, Blushing Bride and Old Olive Ink Refills. I put a few drops of each colour on a Clear Stamping Block and then picked up the colour using and Aqua Painter. The colouring is just done quickly by 'painting' on a little bit of colour and really the aim is not to be perfect and not to go all the way to the edges either. Start with the lightest colour and then layer on top the darker colours. It's such a fun and quick way to colour and I love that it really doesn't have to be perfect. You really are just 'slapping' the colour on.


I've finished off  my card with some Gold Embossing splatter, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, a sentiment from the To A Wild Rose Stamp Set and then layering the magnolia on some die cut circles to make it stand out.

I do hope that you like my CASE on Connie's card.  Just remember when CASEing start with the initial inspiration of the original project and then really try to change it up to make it your own, with your personal touch.

Check out the rest of the CASEing creations that the Stampin' Fancy Friday Design Team have made on the Stampin' Fancy Friday Instagram Account. This is where all their creations will be shared throughout the month , so make sure that you are following them to get all of the amazing ideas!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate these card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!! I adore your stripes, the splattering and that lovely layering of the flowers. You rocked the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.