Friday, June 21, 2019

Just Add Ink #462 | Sketch Challenge

Hello there stamping friends! Welcome to this week's Just Add Ink Challenge #462. This week Kim has a fabulous sketch for you to sink your creative teeth into.


How fabulous are the stripes? I'm such a sucker for stripes and this time was no exception.  I've actually made two cards today just using some strips of card stock and then layering some dies over top. 

The colours for my cards today have been inspired by the colours that I saw in a card on Instagram, a while back, HERE. I just love the colours used in the original card and thought they would be perfect for today's sketch! 

While the colours in the cards I was inspired by aren't Stampin' Up!, I've tried my best to get as close to the colours as I could with Stampin' Up! cardstock. I did have to pull out one retired colour, Lemon Lime Twist, but it hasn't been gone that long so I'm sure that you all have a little bit of it left in your stash, if you wanted to recreate the colours that I've used today.


Both cards are the same, but just swapped out the cardstock for each to change the colours. I started the cards with a Crumb Cake card base, added a few layers of Whisper White card stock and then added the strips of coloured cardstock down the card.


Once all the cardstock strips were added I then embossed the Stitched Rectangle Die into the cardstock. The embossing still gives the look of die cutting without actually die cutting. Because there is a lot of colour on the cards I thought that all the card really needed was the Butterfly Beauty die cut in Whisper White and 'painted' with Clear Wink of Stella and then the Happy Birthday in embossed in White Stampin' Emboss Powder on Basic Black Cardstock.


The colours from top to bottom -
Blackberry Bliss, Highland Heather, Lemon Lime Twist (Retired), Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Balmy Blue. Pacific Point and Night of Navy


The colours from top to bottom -
Lovely Lipstick, Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Blushing Bride, Petal Pink, Calypso Coral, Grapefruit Grove, Daffodil Delight and So Saffron.
 

Which one is your favourite? While I love them both and they look even more fabulous in real life, I'm leaning more towards the Purple/Blue card as my favourite.

We hope you’ll join us and create your own card using the sketch!  We love to see what you make as we browse the gallery each week to see your fabulous projects. Be sure to stop by the Just Add Ink Blog to see what the design team has created for your inspiration.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 
 Recreate these projects at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

2 comments:

  1. I too, love to work with stripes. My pickle for CASEing your cards is, (I'm sure you know What I'm going to ask?)< What size are your stripes? I figure 4.25 X ? I'm so bad at math, I honestly couldn't figure it out? So, Thank YOU, for sharing your card sketch and your two cards with us! Now, if I can find out the size of your stripes, I'll make this card too with DSP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria,
      Becuase I'm in Australia I work in centimetres so I'm not sure what the measurements are in inches. The top layer of the card is 14.4cm x 10.1cm and then each stripe is 1.6cm x 10.1cm. If you want less or more stripes just divide the length (the longer measurement) by how many stripes you want and then that should give you the measurement as to what size each stripe should be. Hope that helps! Thanks for liking my cards! Rochelle xo

      Delete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.