Friday, August 25, 2017

Just Add Ink #374 | Just Add Inspiration

Hello to you. Welcome to you and welcome to another Just Add Ink Challenge. We have an ispiration picture for you. It's dark, its broody, it's rustic, it's textural and it also involves one of my favourite beverages - COFFEE!!!


I thought that the colours and the elements were perfect for a Father's Day card. Father's Day here in Australia is the first Sunday in September and this challenge has come just in time for me to make a card for my kids to give to their dad. What dad doesn't love coffee?


While my card today is quite basic in it's approach to the challenge I'm loving the dramatic look with the Basic Black cardstock, the constrasting Whisper White Cardstock and then the dark, rustic Wood Textures DSP.  Perfect for a Father's Day inspired card.


 To add an extra element I used the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to splatter some ink around the Whisper White cardstock boarder. This also makes the Whisper White layer look less stark , adding to the dramatic look.


How fabulous is the new 7/8" Striped Ribbon from the up coming Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue???? I'm a sucker for anything Black and White and I'm loving it teamed up with the Burlap Ribbon and the Wood Textures DSP. Gorgeous!!! Not only is it great for your Christmas/Holiday Creations but it is fabulous for everything else too! I think I'm going to be using a lot of this gorgeous ribbon. Put it on your wish list so that you can order it come September 1st.

Make sure you check out the rest of the AMAZING creations from the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team. So many fabulous creations from one Inspiration Picture. While you are visiting the JAI blog check out all the details on how you can enter this weeks challenge. I'm so looking forward to seeing your take on this weeks inspiration picture.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Fabulous! I love the black on your card - it really does give it a touch of drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is the best fathers day card...Masculine, but not daggy...lol Well done, l love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the contrast and textures on this card Rochelle. The black spattering is the perfect touch to the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous Father's Day wake up card Rochelle :-) I love the black and white theme you've used and the contrast with the lovely wood background and those lovely creamy spatters too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh that striped ribbon looks fabulous! What a wonderful Father's Day card - such beautiful details yet still masculine. It's been great being on the JAI team with you these last months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally aced masculine coffee drinker here Rochelle! I love the contrast between your layers and totally love that BW stripey ribbon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect Father's Day card, Rochelle. Love the neutral elements with the black and white colour. Fabulous choice of ribbon and twine for a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Rochelle, loving the neutral colours with the wood textures, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so cool Rochelle! I love that fabulousness of that rich woodgrain background combined with all of those neutral embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.