Friday, March 6, 2015

Just Add Ink #253 - Just Add Inspriration


This week in an inspiration pic challenge at Just Add Ink. You may choose whatever from the picture that inspires you. It might be the colours, the butterfly, the graphic prints, whatever jumps out at you.   Here's the picture:


And here is my card...


My inspiration actually came from the bed and the way the sheets are folded on the bed. Also from the black and white sheets on the bed. Isn't it weird as to what captures your attention! I thought some of the black and white DSP from the Stacked with Love Paper Pack worked perfectly with the black and white colour combo on the sheets.

I then combined more of the Stacked with Love DSP and continued the card with the colours that come in the paper stack. I finished the card off with tag using some of the stamps from the Perfect Pennants Stamp set.

I just have to say thanks to my upline, Liv Ingle, for helping me with some ideas to finish off the card. I got most of the card together up to the tag and really didn't know what stamp set to use to finish it all off. It just wasn't coming to me. I took a pic of the card, messaged it to her and she came up with some fantastic suggestions! If it wasn't for some of her suggestions I may have ended up with just some DSP on the card and a blank tag. Isn't it two minds are better than one! Thanks Liv! 

Make sure you check out the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Teams Creations, we have a very talented team and have loads of inspiration for you. 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

10 comments:

  1. This really is a feast for the eyes Rochelle. I love the effect of all the DSP patterns and your little pops of Cantalopue. Would love to know what you layered for the little 'sequin' ones. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I just put some of the basic jewels in the sequins just to finish them off. Rochelle

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! Very modern and fun and the way you used the inspiration photo was genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! Its just what caught my eye! I always find it amazing as to what catches your eye in an inspiration challenge and everyone sees something different!

      Delete
  3. I love the inspiration you took from the image Rochelle, your card is awesome! I love the gorgeous embellishments you have used too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodene! It's just what caught my eye! Isn't it funny what we see in an inspiration challenge.

      Delete
  4. Love the graphic look of this Rochelle! The DSP layered in the two directions is so effective and love the pops of cantaloupe too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do use so many patterns and still have it look uncluttered...It's really lovely Rochelle, l envy your ability to achieve that...:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nikki! Not sure how it all came together without looking cluttered. Maybe it was a fluke this time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.