Saturday, May 11, 2024

Stampin' Fancy Friday | CASE a Fancy Friend

 Hello there stamping friends! Welcome, welcome! So good to have you here. I've got a project for you today for the Stampin' Fancy Friday Design Team. This month the challenge is to CASE (Copy and Share Everything) a Fancy Friend. CASEing is where you are inspired by a fellow artists work and then use that as inspiration to make your own project. Use some of the similar elements of the original creation and then change it up with your own personal touch to make it your own.


 It was so hard to choose one person from all the amazing and talented Artisan Alumni who to CASE. I did narrow it down and I'm CASEing the amazing Stampin' Fancy Friday friend Berdien Weideveld for this month's challenge. Berdien's style is lots of layering, reapeat imagery, a stunning use of DSP, and the use of lots of die-cuts.  I'm always WOWed by her creations. They are always so amazing!
 

 This is Berdien's original creation! Amazing, right??!! I've CASEd the card on the right. I loved the layout and the repeat imagery 
so I wanted to keep those two elements and then the rest is changed up to give it a 'Rochelle' look and feel.
 

 Today I've used some products from the new Country Woods Suite for a pretty floral card. I've kept to the same layout as Berdien and added the repeat imagery. I've started with a Basic White base and then used the County Woods DSP, Pool Party and the Perennial Postage dies for the base layering.
 

 For the repeat stamping and colouring I used the floral image from the Country Flowers Stamp Set. These floral images are meant to be paired with a tea pot or an vintage milk can but I liked it on it's own.
I used Stampin' Blends to colour the flowers in the beautiful colours that coordinated with the DSP.
 
Stampin' Blends Used
Flowers - Light Peach Pie, Light and Dark Petal Pink, Light Summer Splash, Light and Dark Pool Party, Light and Dark Boho Blue, Light Balmy Blue
Leaves - Light and Dark Mossy Meadow.


Behind each floral image is the leaves die from the Country Flowers Dies in Mossy Meadow Cardstock and the now retired (so sad) Vellum. I've then finished off the card with some Smoky Slate Pearls that are also part of the Country Woods Suite, and the embossed Happy Birthday from the Country Birdhouse Stamp Set.

I do hope that you like my CASE on Berdien's card. Just remember when CASEing start with the initial inspiration of the original project and then really try to change it up to make it your own, with your personal touch.
 
 Check out the rest of the CASEd creations and all the different looks that the Stampin' Fancy Friday Design Team has made on the Stampin' Fancy Friday Instagram Account or on the Stampin' Fancy Friday Facebook page. This is where all their creations will be shared throughout the month, so make sure that you are following them to get all of the amazing ideas!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
 
Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.