Saturday, November 13, 2021

TGIF Challenges | #TGIF342 Sketch Challenge

Hello there stamping friends! Today I'm playing along and entering my card in the challenge over at TGIF Challenges | #TGIF342 Sketch Challenge. I always love a sketch challenge and they really help to get the creative ideas flowing. Pick a stamp set or some Designer Series Paper and use the sketch to get your creativity going. 

Don't you just love this sketch from TGIF??!! It has a basic design element and then it gives you so much room to do what you feel lead to create. And as I was lead I used my creative license to change it up a little while still holding the basic design elements. And yes again, I'm using the Words of Cheer Bundle. I've really loved this bundle and have had so many creative ideas when using this bundle. To see my other projects using these products check them out HERE, HERE and HERE. I'm using a colour combo I used a couple of months ago again becuase I loved it so much - Soft Succulent, Polished Pink and Gold.

Instead of having an acutal circle on my card as per the sketch I've used he floral image from the Words of Cheer stamp set as my 'circle' element. I've stamped the floral image on Crumb Cake cardstock, heat embossed it with White Embossing powder and then coloured on the Crumb Cake Cardstock.

I just love to colour on coloured cardstock but sometimes when you try to do this with the ink colour straight onto the cardstock the ink colour changes and even gets a little lost into the cardstock background. The best way to colour onto coloured cardstock is to cover your image first with a Whisper White Craft Ink 'undercoat' layer and then add your chosen colour over top. Check out my Instagram Step-By-Step Tip I did a few years ago HERE on how you can achieve this different look.

I've used a combo of Linen Thread and the Gold Metallic Thread from the Retired Forever Greenery Ribbon Combo Pack for the trim across the card and then layered the 'Happy' from the Christmas Cheer Dies over top of that. I've die cut the 'Happy' with Vellum and Soft Succulent Cardstock.

I've then finished the card off with the floral dies from the Christmas Cheer Dies, using Soft Succulent, Polished Pink Cardstock and Gold from the Gold & Rose Gold Metallic Specialty Paper. In the die cut flowers I've added 2021 - 2023 In Color Jewels for that extra touch of bling and then layered the heat embossed Christmas over the 'Happy' die cuts. 

I just love how this turned out and the colouring on the coloured cardstock. If you haven't tried colouring on coloured cardstock before give it a go, you'll love the results.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
  

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the embossing and your whole design is STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.