Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Instagram Tip | Making Your Die-Cut Words Pop

Hi there stamping friends! Hello and welcome to my blog. I've got a fun technique/tip for you today using Stampin' Up! products.

I love using die cut words on my projects, but sometimes I feel they get lost in the background of my creations. With a few simple steps, here's how you can make your dit-cut words pop and really stand out.

I have a few simple steps for you to help you achieve this fun and fabulous technique -
1. Trace around your word die on cardstock using a pencil.
 2. Fussy cut around the pencil outline using Papersnips.
 

3. Cut 3 (or as many as you want) of the word using your die cutting machine.
4. Layer your die-cut pieces onto your Whisper White outline so that the die-cut word has some dimension. Then adhere your word with an outline to your project.


I hope that I've given you some inspiration on how to get more out of your dies, and especially the word dies. Why not try it on your next project and maybe even try the technique with dies other than words. The possibilities are endless!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 
 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

3 comments:

  1. Great tip Rochelle. I wondered how people fussy cut around their lettering so neatly. Never occurred to me to use the die as a guide. Well done! Thanks for inspiring with this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea, Rochelle! Now I can have a shadow around my word that looks neat instead of squirrelly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.