Friday, April 10, 2020

Stampin' Fancy Friday | Fancy Folds

The challenge for this month for the Stampin' Fancy Friday Design Team is - Fancy Folds. I do love a good fancy fold but I always forget to make them. I've got a different fancy fold for you today called the Diamond Fold Card but I've made it in reverse. Just to change it up for you.


Like most tutorials and for today's fancy fold that I'm showing you, I find Splitcoast Stampers most especially helpful for showing me how to do some of the more intricate fancy fold cards. The tutorial for my card today can be found HERE.


I've started with a Soft Suede card base and trimmed and scored it as per the tutorial using my Paper Trimmer and Simply Scored Scoring Board. I've then layered panels of Shimmery White and the Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper on the front and as well as on the inside. Since the pattern in this sheet of DSP ran Vertical I made sure that all the pieces were running straight up and down when adhering them to the card. Making sure that the pattern is running the same way in all the pieces makes for a neat and well finished look. Or it could be my slight OCD about these things coming out. Ha! Whatever it is, it makes it all look well put together.


The diamond panel on the inside I've layered with two pieces of Shimmery White cardstock and then used some of the stickers from the Tropical Oasis Memories and More Card Pack.


To hold the card closed I made a fun belly band with Soft Suede cardstock and embossed it with the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing folder. I've then layered pieces that I've fussy cut out from the Tropical Oasis Memories and More Card Pack along with some of the coordinating stickers. I've also layered as well, some of the Braided Burlap Trim and some of the gorgeous Tropical Oasis Trinkets. How fun and summery do all these products make you feel??!! Don't you just love them??!!

I do hope that you'll check out the tutorial for this Fancy Fold card and give it a go and check out some of the other Fancy Fold ideas that the rest of the design team have made on the Stampin' Fancy Friday Instagram Account. This is where all their creations will be shared throughout the month so, make sure that you are following them to get all of the amazing ideas!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:

  1. This card is amazing. The colours, technique and workmanship. Just fabulous. I love looking at beautiful things. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.