Friday, February 22, 2019

Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop | Dear Doily

Welcome to this months Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop. This month we are featuring either the Dear Doily Bundle or the Well Said Bundle, from the Stampin' Up! 2019 Occasions Catalogue, or even combining them both.


I was drawn to the beautiful and delicate nature of the Dear Doily stamp set and the intricate and detailed Doily Builder Thinlits and teamed them up with a Shimmery White, Powder Pink, Basic Black and Copper colour combo.


Both cards I used a water colour wash technique, which really gave a fantastic water colour look, by pressing the Powder Pink Ink pad down a few times on a Window Sheet, spraying the ink colour on the window sheet with water and then turn the window sheet over and pressing it down on the Shimmery White cardstock till I achieved the desired water colour look. I don't think I'll ever use an aqua painter again to try and achieve a water colour wash. This was quick and so easy. Got to love techniques that cut down time when creating.


This card I used the emboss resist technique with the fabulous and beautiful doily images. Make sure when adding a water colour wash over embossed images that you don't use too much water as you may make your embossed images 'lift' and come away from the cardstock.

To add to the emboss resist background I added some layers of the Doily Builder Dies in Powder Pink, Shimmery White and Vellum Cardstock and then embossed the sentiment on Basic Black Cardstock using White Stampin' Emboss Powder.


This card just has the water colour background but for some added texture and interest, when the Powder Pink Ink was dry from the water colour 'wash', more like a smoosh, I splattered droplets of water over the ink. This gives the dry water colour ink a fun splattered look as the water draws the colour out of the ink as it pools and dries. 

This card also has layers of the Doily Builder Thinlits dies. I love to try and leave all the little 'pieces' in the die cut as it gives another look to the dies and makes them more versatile to have different looks. Pretty!


I love the soft, delicate nature to these cards and when teamed with the Basic Black and the gorgeous bold contrast it gives.

I hope that you like both my cards today and you have been inspired to get creating with this bundle and to also try the water colour 'smooshing' using the window sheet and water. Why not try the technique with two or three colours and see what you come up with?

Now over to the super amazing and the super gorgeous Stesha Bloodhart, who I know has some beautiful creations in store for you!

Be sure to hop on around the whole team to see all the beautiful inspirations and ideas using these two bundles.

https://stampinhoot.com/2019/02/artisan-feb-fb/

Angela Meiritz-Reid
Ashley Van Camp
Aurélie Fabre
Emma Goddard
Jackie Aitken
Jennifer Picard
Kaylee van Es
Lauren Alarid
Maike Beimler
Manuela Geiswinkler
Mikaela Titheridge
Narelle Farrugia
Rochelle Blok
Stesha Bloodhart
Sylwia Schreck
Tanya Rees

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate these cards at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

6 comments:

  1. I love your cards..they both seem so light and lovely!
    xx Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your watercolouring Rochelle, looks fabulous on your cards x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love these!! The background is Ah-mazing and with the pop of black and touches of copper....what is not to love! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your water color backgrounds teamed with all the gorgeous layers. So soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your watercolor background so much 😍 So softly and perfect!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

  6. These are cards full of elegance and sweet Rochelle! The watercolor in the background is beautifully done and I like the addition of wood elements to bring textural and extra volume to the creation! I just love it !

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.