Friday, February 16, 2018

Just Add Ink #396 | Just Add a Sketch

Hello there stamping friends! It's time again for a new challenge over at Just Add Ink. Congratulations to last weeks winners and thank you to you all who entered last weeks challenge. The weeks seem to roll so quickly and before you know it one challenge is over and an new one begins.

If you've been following me for a while you will know that a sketch challenge is my all time favourite! All the hard work is done for you! All you have to do is pick out a stamp set, some paper and embellishments and put it all together using the sketch!

https://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2018/02/just-add-ink-396sketch.html

I've gone for a bright and fun card today using the Picture Perfect Birthday Stamp set with the co-ordinating DSP 6" x 6" stack, Picture Perfect Party. The colours for the card all come out of the DSP stack so that they all co-ordinate together. 


The background is just repeatedly stamping the small triangle stamp using Bermuda Bay Classic Ink on Bermuda Bay Cardstock. This is one of the easiest ways to make a fun and interesting background. It is so easy to do create a background like this as you don't have to be to precise. Just stamp away and your done!


The candles are part of a two-step stamping technique. The first part of the image is the lighter colour which I first stamped off once to get the lighter hue and then the patterned image on the top is the same colour stamped in full strength. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love thins two-step stamping, especially using the one colours, as you get a whole lot more out of you inks and more variation of colour.


The card is finished off with one of the sentiments from the stamp set and then die cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits. and then accented with some of the fabulous and beautiful Stampin' Up! Ribbon, Trim and Embellishments. All my favourite things to finish off and accent a card!

Check out the rest of the amazing creations from the fabulous Just Add Ink Design Team gals and  their take on the sketch. I love how we all have the same sketch yet we all create something very different! While you are checking out all those awesome creations, check out all the details on this weeks challenge and how you can enter your creation! Can't wait to see your creations!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?

 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Rochelle. Perfect colours, texture & design! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those pretty colours and bold black are a stunning combination Rochelle! As always your little details are divine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty Rochelle! So fresh and I love the sweet background - I thought it might’ve been one of the SAB pre printed ones! Your layers are gorgeous and luxe as always - I think I might just CASE this one if I may?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous fun card just full of colour Rochelle! I love how you back the main elements with the black panel it just makes everything pop!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fabulous, Rochelle. So bright and happy, it would be sure to bring a smile to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.