Monday, September 4, 2017

Stamp Review Crew | Crafting Forever

Hello. It's the first Monday of the month so that means it Stamp Review Crew time. We are hopping with a fun set from the Annual Catalogue called, Crafting Forever.

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2017/09/crafting-forever.html

If you are joining us for the first time we are a group of International Stampin' Up! demonstrators that show one Stampin' Up! stamp set at a time, every first and third Monday's of the month. Be sure to make your way around the hop by clicking the next button at the bottom of each post. If you get lost along the way click on the banner at the top of each post and that will lead you to the list of hoppers so you can continue seeing all the fabulous creations.

 The Crafting Forever stamp set reminds us how much we love creating and crafting. And even better yet, they're approved for use in conjunction with the Stampin' Up! Angel Policy. 

Whats the Angel Policy, you ask? Well, you can sell projects you've made with Stampin' Up! copyrighted images if  they include "© Stampin' Up!" on them.  The Crafting Forever set is perfect to help you get that copyright on your creations. You can find out more about the Angel Policy here.

I've used the pen image from the Crafting Forever set for a bit of repeated stamping and some colouring. Super fun.


I first inked up the Pen image with Versamark and then Memento Black in and then stamped it down. Once the image was stamped I then covered it in Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder and then heat set the embossing powder.

I like to heat emboss my images when colouring as it provides a little bit of a barrier when colouring and the colour tends not to bleed out as much as compared to when colouring with out the embossed outline. It also gives a nice shinny look to the outline of the images. It's just one of those things that I like to do when crafting and colouring. I'm sure we all have those things that we just like to do when we craft and that is the way that we like it.


To get the images all lined up in that straight line I did have to pull out the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get them all positioned properly. I know most people have more of a hate relationship with the SAMJ but once you learn how to use it properly it really is quite easy to use. Then you'll go from hating it to loving it.


It really was quite relaxing to colour all those pens. I'm one of those people that actually find colouring like this very therapeutic. Get a bit of music going, pick out what colours you want to use and get going. To colouring the pens I picked up the colour from squeezing the lid of a closed Stampin' Up! ink pad firmly and then that picks up the colour of the ink pad in the lid like in a colouring well. That is one of the fabulous designs of a Stampin' Up! Ink pad and perfect for holding a little bit of colour in the lid.

The card is the all finished off with a little bit of Emerald Envy 3/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Sequin Trim in Gold and the sentiment, embossed with White' Stampin' Emboss Powder, comes from the Pieces & Patterns stamp set.

Now on to the amazing Linda Callahan for her fabulous creations using the Crafting Forever set.

http://stampinseasons.blogspot.com/2017/09/stamp-review-crew-crafting-forever.html
Linda Callahan

http://www.inchofcreativity.com/2017/09/stamp-review-crew-blog-hop-crafting.html
Martha Inchley

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

11 comments:

  1. Love your sweet lineup of pens! The added bling is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Rochelle! And I totally agree about embossing helping with coloring! I need to remember to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you had fun coloring the pens, because I love to color, too! Such a pretty card, and the embellishments under the greeting really set it off nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful row of pens! As for embossing your coloring images, I totally get that. It really makes for a lovely finished project. And thanks for the reminder about this set working with the Angel policy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rochelle, your coloring just amazes me! Thanks for the tip for combining the Versamark with the Memento ink. I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to go the extra step and heat emboss before I colour. Your card shows that it is certainly worth the effort. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job coloring, Rochelle.Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rochelle, I love the color palette. It has a monochromatic feel - but in color. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty, love that it's CAS but still with so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun and bold sentiment and trim in the foreground of your pens. I just love how it draws the eye. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PERFECT and pretty row of pens. Really beautiful design and card. Love it! Sorry I'm so late on going through this hop, oops!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.