Monday, October 12, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #207 - Season of Cheer


I've been having a play around with some more products from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue for today's card that I'm entering in to the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge. I really love this weeks sketch and really wanted to get something made to enter in.

It's a pretty straight forward sketch that lends itself to so much interpretation. Love it!



I've used the Season of Cheer DSP for my card. I just love this paper and the soft watercolour feel it gives. Just stunning!


I've used some of the Gold Cording Trim, Burlap and the super cute Real Red Pompom Trim for embellishments.


Its a little bit hard to see but I've stamped the dots from the Watercolor Wings Stamp set on the pieces of vellum using Soft Sky ink. I wanted to keep the dots quite subtle so that you could still see the DSP layer underneath the vellum.


The sentiment is from the stamp set Joyful Season stamped in Cherry Cobbler. Such a perfect colour for your Christmas cards.


I'm not sure if you could see it in the previous images but I put some Crystal Effects on the lights to make them a bit more shiny and to give the card another dimension. It is a little bit hard to photograph but it looks so good in real life.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Below is a list of all the items that I used in this project. If you live in Australia and would like to purchase and of these items used then just click on the image and you will be directed to my online store.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. Fun Christmas card! The cord behind the sentiment really makes it pop! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful embellishments on that cute paper! LOVE the pompoms and the burlap and swirl of gold twine! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.