Monday, June 19, 2017

Stamp Review Crew | Labeler Alphabet

Hello and welcome! Its that time again! Third Monday of the month. Which means is Stamp Review Crew time! Oh yeah! Perfect way to start off the week with a fabulous blog hop.

If you are joining us for the first time we are a group of International Stampin' Up! demonstrators that show one Stampin' Up! stamp set at a time, every first and third Monday's of the month. Be sure to make your way around the hop by clicking the next button at the bottom of each post. If you get lost along the way click on the banner at the top of each post and that will lead you to the list of hoppers so you can continue seeing all the fabulous creations.

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2017/06/labeler-alphabet.html

This hop we are using the Labeler Alphabet stamp set and I'm sure this fabulous bunch of crafters will show you amazing ways of how to use this stamp set.


It's got that label maker look but in a stamp set. A fabulous thing about this set is that it is a photopolymer set so you can see through the image for perfect placement when trying to line up all the images.

I've gone with a fabulous colour combo that I've seen with one of the new 2017 -2019 In Colours that looks just amazing. Basic Black, Lemon Lime Twist and Whisper White. Well in my case it's Shimmery White.

Click on the colour name to see all the Stampin' Up! products in that colour

I started off with using the Labeler Alphabet stamp set to make a background layer by repeating the words 'Happy Birthday'.

I did use the Misti and rule some faint pencil lines to try and get the lines straight. Some of the letters aren't quite in line with the others but I like that slightly messy look.


Once the background words were stamped I used the Basic Black and Lemon Lime Twist markers to do a little splatter flicking. You use the brush tip end and flick it out away from you using the marker lid. The small splatters are a fun look and add that extra something to any card.


I then cut two of the Happy Birthday Thinlit die in Basic Black and Lemon Lime Twist and layered them on top of each other. I cut the Basic Black one first and when I laid it over the Happy Birthday stamped background it got lost in all that black but layering the two colours on top of each colour really gives that die cut some definition.


Lastly I finished of with a piece of a sentiment from the Happy Celebrations set. The whole sentiment actually said 'Birthday to you' but I only wanted the 'To You' part so I only inked up the part I wanted with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. I've embellished the 'To You' underneath it with the super gorgeous Black Mini Sequin Trim and a small piece of the Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon. Gorgeous!

I hope that I given you some inspiration with this set and I hope that you remember to use this one because it is a fabulous set! Perfect to make your own sentiments ans sayings.

Now on to Heidi Baks for her stunning creations!

http://runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-stamp-review-crew-labeler-alphabet.html
Heidi Baks

http://tiddbitsfromdawn.typepad.com/tiddbits-from-dawn/2017/06/the-stamp-review-crew-labeler-alphabet.html
Dawn Tidd

Thank so much for stopping by!

Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bright card, Rochelle! That was a great idea to use the Labeler Alphabet for a background. The black really sets that Lemon Lime Twist off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful details! Love the layered Happy Birthday and the delicate flecked background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used it in the background! Cute card! And I love Lemon Lime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the pop of color contrast on your card. The color really makes the design fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! What a great idea for using the stamp set in the background. Love the off set greeting and the flicks of ink too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, as always! And i really want a MISTI... why is that not in my craft room yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Rochelle - love the design and all the features! The balance is fantastic! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! You have just the right amount of contrast to read the text, the black layers (love, love, love) and the vellum are a great way to make the text stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, funky design. Love the pop of colour with the Lemon Lime Twist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the graphic design Rochelle! Great colour choice and the alphabet background is a real wow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bright and BEAUTIFUL! The ticker tape in the background is a perfect way to use the Labeler set. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.