Friday, June 16, 2017

Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop | Happy Birthday Gorgeous

Why hello my stamping friends! So happy to have you here for this edition of the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop. We are using the oh so fabulous and oh so versatile Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set. It is super cute, super fun, super pretty and a little bit girly too! All the things I love it a stamp set.

Another fabulous thing about this stamp set is that it is one of the amazing bundles in the 2017 - 2018 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. WOOHOO! Buy the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set and the Happy Birthday Thinlit Die together and get 10% off!!! WINNING!!


What a fun and fabulous bundle!
My cards today are a homage or a tribute to the new 2017 - 2019 In Colours. They are so fabulous! I love, love, love them. They are the best ones Stampin' Up! have had for a while where I love every single one of them!!! 

I've made 5 cards today using each of the new In Colours, so just be warned I've taken lots of photos. All of the cards are the same but they all have a different feel with each different In Colour.


I've stamped the In Colour Classic Inks on Crumb Cake cardstock and that gives the ink a different colour look again as opposed to stamping on Whisper White Cardstock. Just gorgeous!! Almost has that vintage sort of feel.

 Berry Burst

Fresh Fig

Lemon Lime Twist

Tranquil Tide

Powder Pink


Here is a close up of one of the cards to give you a better look at some of the finer details. The cards have all been stamped with this open floral image to create a fun background, sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake ink and then using the Basic Black marker and flicking the brush tip end, small black splatters all over the front. 


I then layered Whisper White cardstock and a piece of Vellum embossed with the Petal Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. The 'Happy Birthday' was die cut with Copper Foil. Make sure you use the Precision Base plate when die cutting with intricate dies like these. You'll get a better cut and you wont get those annoying little dots all over your die cut from the die. You'll get a smoother look die cut with the Precision Base Plate.


Each one is then accented with the fun and dotty balloon, stamped with Versamark Ink and then Heat Embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss powder. They are all then finished off with the black metallic thread, tying each balloon to the 'Happy Birthday' die for a fun birthday balloon look.

I'm so loving all these 2017 - 2019 In Colours. If I had to pick one to be my favourite, its like picking a favourite child, Ha!, I'm leaning towards Tranquil Tide with Powder Pink coming in a very close second. See I can't even pick just one I love them all that much! Which one is your favourite?


 Click on the colour name to see all the Stampin' Up! products in that colour

Now onto the other side of the globe with Shannon Lane in Canada. I'm sure she will have something with lots of colour that will sure WOW the socks off you! Love your work Shannon!

http://crushoncolour.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/artisan-jun-2.html



Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate these cards at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

6 comments:

  1. Great set of cards Rochelle. Surprisingly, my fav would have to be Berry Burst! Love how you tied the balloons to the tail of the "B"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! These look great with a vintage spin! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Rochelle, these cards have a lovely and warm vintage feel with them xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these, Rochelle! Genius, stamping all the colours onto Crumb Cake cardstock; I'll be stealing that idea! My favourite new In Colors are Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, pure genius. That is you. And these cards. I want to CASE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rochelle these are so beautiful! What a great way to use the rosette as a background stamp. Love that you highlighted the in-colors too - a great set of cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.