Friday, June 2, 2017

Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop | Wintry Colourful Seasons

Hello stamping friends! Welcome back for another Artisan Design Team blog hop. So glad you could join me today! This week the ADT could create with anything in our current box of goodies. We have been spoilt with an array of the fabulous, ALL NEW products from the ALL NEW 2017 - 2018 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue.

Normally I struggle with being told to make anything you want with anything you want but this time was an exception. I knew I wanted to have a play with the fabulous and very versatile set Colourful Seasons and some of the products from the Colour Theory Suite, pg.146 -147 of the Annual Catalogue for those playing along at home. And I knew I wanted to have a Wintry type theme.

Today here in Australia and in the South Pacific it is the first day of Winter. Depending on where you live in Australia will depend on the severity of the effects of the season. Where I live in Melbourne it does get cold but we don't get snow. The temperature can range anywhere from 5 degrees Celsius to 18 degrees Celsius but it doesn't get much lower than 5c. I do not envy my American/Canadian/European friends who get snowed in over Winter. Brr. I for one wouldn't be able to handle it that's for sure. I'm a beach/summer girl through and through.

While we don't get snow here I have had a play around with the snowflake stamps from the Colourful Seasons stamp set and from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits dies to achieve that wintry look.


The first card I embossed White Stampin' Emboss powder on the ombre DSP from the Colour Theory DSP stack. If you didn't have the paper stack you could also achieve the ombre look by using a sponge brayer and rolling the colour across some cardstock. I've kept the card fairly simple as I wanted the snowflakes to come through and be the main accent. 
Finished off with one of the sentiments from the Colourful season stamp set Gold Embossed on Vellum and a layering of some of the Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies.


The second card is a faux embossed look. I die cut 3/4 of each size of the snowflakes. Tried my hardest to keep all the little bits and pieces in each one and then adhered them on to the cardstock for a fun snowflake look. By using the same colour for the base layer and for the snowflakes it looks like they have been embossed on the cardstock using an embossing folder. Just looking at the snowflakes like that, that would make a fabulous embossing folder. 

Finished off with a small piece of Gold Glimmer Paper and 5/8" Burlap Ribbon and the sentiment embossed on to Shimmery White Cardstock using Gold Stampin' Emboss powder.





While I may be a summer girl and am very jealous of those enjoying the sun right now there are things that I do love in Winter -large warm sweaters and gorgeous coats, beautiful leather boots, warm tea, hot coffee, curling up on the couch with a good book, throw rug and a glass of red wine, sitting by the open fire, comfort food, frosty and fresh mornings with the sun shining, hearty soups, cute scarves, I could go on. I do try to see the good in this season even though it isn't my favourite.

I hope you’ve enjoyed these Winter creations. Now on to Shannon Lane in Canada. I'm sure she has something bright, colourful and amazing for you today.

http://crushoncolour.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/artisan-jun-1.html


Thanks so much for stopping by!
 Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate these cards at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, look at your beautiful snowflake cards!! The blues and golds are stunning together. We are finally snow free and will be enjoying that for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers! I love what you have done with this suite Rochelle. I am not all that far from you in Tassie but it does snow here ;) Very cold start to winter this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and crisp - just gorgeous winter cards. So pretty I can even appreciate them on this 27C Canadian day! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always seems crazy to me that you guys have winter when it's summer here! :-) I LOVE how you did the snowflakes without the cutouts punched out! Fabulous! Stay warm ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I am not at all happy about it being Winter - I LOVE these cards. Those snowflakes are gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous Rochelle! The snowflakes and all the other little details are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty cards! I think this set and coordinating dies are my favorite new things in the new catty. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Rochelle! I'm taking notes for when winter arrives for us. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.