Monday, January 18, 2016

The Stamp Review Crew - Endless Birthday Wishes Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2016/01/stamp-review-crew-endless-birthday.html

Yep! It's Monday! So that can mean only one thing! It's Stamp Review Crew Time!! Whoop Whoop! The crew have already have had one hop already for 2016 that I wasn't able to participate in so this is my first hop back for 2016 and I'm so excited to be back for the year! This review we are using a set that has been around for a bit but still amazing (what SU set isn't amazing, right?), Endless Birthday Wishes. This is a fabulous set with lots of words and a couple of images.

I've used the cake image for a bit of a chalkboard look and then cut a few of the words to give it a bit of a fun a modern feel. I used White Stampin' Emboss Powder rather than just stamping the image in Whisper White Craft Ink to give the image a clean and crisp look. Sometimes when you swipe the cardstock with the white ink for the chalkboard look, if you have stamped your image in ink it can smudge and I didn't want that to happen.


This was one of those cards that I had a lot of the pieces cut out already for another card that really wasn't coming together when I tried to make it round 1 but with a bit of a rethink and the use of another stamp set I was able to put it all together round 2. Some times if a card isn't coming to you put the pieces aside and an idea will come to you down the track to put it all together.




If you are following through on the hop Click on the Next button below to bring you back to the start with Martha Inchley


http://www.inchofcreativity.com/2016/01/stamp-review-crew-endless-birthday.html

Or If you are hopping in reverse click here to hop on to Wendy Weixler.

http://wickedlywonderfulcreations.blogspot.com/2016/01/stamp-review-crew-endless-birthday-wishes-edition.html

To see the full list of participants visit the Stamp Review Crew site.

Thanks so much for Stopping By!

 If you live in Australia and would like to purchase and of these items used then just click on the image and you will be directed to my online store.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

7 comments:

  1. Love this! The chalkboard effect is great and the neutral embossed background looks terrific! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love the Crumb Cake with your chalkboard look…they're perfect together. And those label sentiments look fantastic. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, Rochelle! That cake is perfect for the chalkboard technique. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layers and texture Rochelle and your little chalkboard is super cute. Love the details, you always add the perfect amount. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layers, textures and the chalkboard look. I really got to try that. Beautiful and fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the chalk board technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly lovely card. I think I will go back and stare at the details for a while :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.