Friday, January 29, 2016

Just Add Ink #296 - Just Add Nature

I just had to have my first play with this new stamp set, Grateful Bunch, for this weeks Just Add Ink Challenge, brought to You by team member Di Barnes - Just Add Nature. 

At first I was so drawn to this stamp set just for that line of lace! Isn't it pretty! I'm really drawn to pretty elements like that! Upon looking at the set even more I'm loving the flowers and the other elements. I'm also loving that it also has a co-ordinating punch for those flowers. I have some more ideas for this stamp set so watch this space!


The row of lace along the border I've embossed with Black Stampin' Emboss Powder and this makes  the black more defined and more dare I say it more 'black' and bold. Sometimes when stamping with just black ink it doesn't come out as 'black' and dark as I want it. So using the Black Stampin' Emboss Powder really draws out that dark colour.


I've highlighted all that black darkness with some little bright pops of colour using Hello Honey and Calypso Coral. Just pretty! Its all finished off with some Venetian Crochet Trim, Burlap Ribbon, Linen Thread and some Gold Metallic Thread. Lots of my favourite trims and embellishments.


I hope that you've enjoyed this project and it gets you inspired to play along with our challenge. Be sure to pop on over to the Just Add Ink site, check out what the Design Team created and share your nature creations with us! So looking forward to seeing what you make!

Thanks so much for stopping by!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is very pretty and delicate Rochelle! Love the texture you added to this and how the embossed lace echoes the trims you added. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you pointed out the lace stamp! I've been eyeing this stamp set from the word go and still haven't added it to my stash. Think I'm just gonna have to now :)

    Lots of pretties on your card....just love! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Rochelle! I love the definition of the lace stamp and how well it sits amongst your crochet and burlap trims. The delicate flowers and touches of gold together all make for a very beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card Rochelle and I love the printed background! Such a beautiful vintage feel :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.